• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - kagerus, any

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    She's weak from birth, and yet stronger than any force I've yet to come across. As the warm wetness of her sweat-coated side presses into mine for support, I know in my heart that its truly her from whom support is being drawn. My mouth goes lovingly to her forelock, kissing it away from those eyes I fell so hard for not so long ago. She murmurs her thanks, murmurs her heart, murmurs her love - and I feel tears gathering like oceans to pool in rivers down my cheeks.

"I'll always be here my love," comes my reply, whispered and choked and so fucking happy. "Don't ever think otherwise.

The mood lightens some as her lips go to my shoulder, eventually nudging me towards the two beings she has so miraculously brought forth. A pang of panic goes through me upon remembering that I'll never do the same, that I'll never be a mother in truth, that I am barely even a woman in comparison to the angel who's struggle I have just witnessed. But her soothing voice telling me that they're mine, too, steadies me and banishes the darkness that often threatens to overcome me. Exhaling shakily, I turn my eyes wordlessly to her, nodding as I wholeheartedly try to absorb her words into my own philosophy.

Our children.

As I turn to groom the colt, speaking to him lovingly, he is already rising. On stick-thin legs he wobbles his way towards me, reminding me painfully of how I'd missed Abysm's first steps; but as he teeters dangerously, I reach out to catch him, and that act alone seems to reconcile the demons within me. I made mistakes then, but there's so much I can do now. As his little nose squish against mine wetly, I realize that there's a whole life in front of me to be shaped and molded - two whole lives, I correct myself.

Solace comes alongside me, encouraging her daughter to stand. With a gentle pressure, I pull the newly standing Clegane into my chest (chuckling at the adorableness of his whole-body sneeze), holding him as I once did Khaedrik. He smells so freshly of the womb that I can't help the snort that must tickle his baby skin as I run my mouth along him; he's just too perfect. I wouldn't change anything about him; about either of them.

The scent of Ilma becomes more apparent as she enters the grotto, wet from the rain but seemingly unhindered by its presence. We do live in the mountains after all, and rain is a normal part of that. Looking up at her as she enters from where I am curled against the colt, I smile at her almost dreamily... How wonderful, for the three women role models of Hyaline to be present at the birth of the prince and princess. A soft nicker warbles from my lips at the thought, the warmth in my eyes undeniable and radiant. She comments on their beauty, and I can only agree.

"Let this moment be one we remember," I whisper, memorizing the whiteness of Ilma against the darkness of the cage, the way Clegane smells, and how beautiful Solace is with her daughter held so close. My voice reaches for each of their hearts, hoping to put a peace there that will carry them to sleep as night continues to fall, serenaded by the pit-patter of rain. "Let this be a moment of family."

@[Solace] @[Ilma] I'm calling this a 'closer' but I also left it slightly open ended if you want to go another round Smile The twins are quite aged now haha so I figured a wrap up was about due! Sorry for the wait!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - kagerus, any - by Kagerus - 06-06-2018, 12:11 PM