• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    “You really believe I have found just one?” His voice is full of laughter and roguishness, placated by the sparkling depths of his cerulean eyes. His mind, however, trickles to Ilma nearly immediately. There bond is something that Svedka cannot shake, and now whenever he thinks about leaving Hyaline, his worry does not only belong to Solace, but to the white-winged angel herself. Though his wanderings have left him with many faces in his mind (Kylin, Nymf, and even Embark), he has found that all of them have captured a part of his heart and mind, tucked away carefully into the recesses of his soul. Had he the capability, he is sure that the life of a solitary stallion with a herd would have easily fit his wandering lifestyle and capability to love so easily and fiercely. He smiles, nudging at his friend’s breastplate that is merely white bone. “Whenever you meet her, however,” he admits with sparkling eyes, “Ilma is off limits. I’d hate to compete with you.” Svedka pins his ears, feigning hostility with his truest friend, nipping him playfully on his shoulder. 

There is something about being with Smoak that creates a sort of mischievous air about Svedka. Being one of the only males in Hyaline had its perks (one that he rather enjoyed, being the wild lover that he is), but now is only reminded of his youth and how close he had been with the bone-armored stallion, and how that his constant presence here would simply enthrall him. He wouldn’t push the idea, however, for the painted stallion knew how much it meant to Smoak to find his parents - a frown creases his pale lips as he remembers Ellyse and Dahmer, two who were very much like family to Svedka himself. “I will go with you,” he tells Smoak, his voice now deeper and full of solemnity, his cerulean eyes dimming with seriousness. “You do not have to go alone next time.”

But Smoak is quick to change the subject (something both him and his sister have in common) and Svedka finds his common lopsided and charming smile gracefully falling across his rose-colored lips. “Yes, he is.” Svedka knows his father misses Dahmer and Ellyse as much as their own son does, as the Tephran king had been extremely close to both of them. 

Walk with me.

So he obliges, moving through the familiar land of Hyaline with a muscle memory that allows Svedka to barely think about his next step as they walk. Smoak casually brings up Solace, and Svedka’s sturdy gaze falls onto his friend’s with a swelling of concern, watching his face for any signs of disappointment. He remembers vividly Solace’s own confession to Svedka long ago - where she had been convinced that her crown and her desire for love could not go hand in hand, and that Smoak had been the target of her affection. The milk-and-honey stallion swallows hard, looking up to the wind-scrubbed sky above them as a soft spring wind filters through the valley, twisting the feathers behind his ear. He furrows his brow, deciding not to pretend that Smoak is not aware of his sister’s relationship. 

“Ischia and Nerine are the brotherhood and sisterhood of old, now. Tephra remains unchanged, and Loess is looking as if it is under the influence of the darkness in Sylva.” He pauses, turning to Smoak curiously, wondering if he had heard of the kingdom that his parents’ once ruled. “Kagerus came and everything changed - quickly.” He pauses, searching for the right words. Kagerus was a whirlwind, a force to be reckoned with, and extremely unexpected. Perhaps that is why Solace had fell for her so quickly (Svedka almost did, too). “I’m an uncle now, too. She is happy, though. They both are.” Svedka’s eyes flicker to Smoak, a soft huff leaving his lips. “Will that be good enough for you, though?” He asks his friend gently, nosing his jawline with the velvet of his muzzle.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Smoak]
    here's a novel,
    my bad.
    <3

Messages In This Thread
    WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Smoak - 05-22-2018, 08:55 AM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Svedka - 05-22-2018, 05:57 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Smoak - 05-27-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Svedka - 05-29-2018, 10:37 AM