• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; Any
    You owe her this, some small, unselfish and unexpected voices suggests from within his heart. It stills his heated blood, subduing the urges with had threatened him only moments before. She nestles closer, using him as a shield against the world, and he hopes that he is worthy.

A hope against hopes, his inner demon cackles, and you are a devil for allowing her to believe it. 

But tonight he finds it is easy to ignore that voice which had been his only companion in the gloom of the forest. He finds a peace he has not felt in over a year; he doesn't need to be on his guard here, at least not in the same way which the forest required. Lulled away from his would-be brooding by her even breathing and the reassuring sounds of his home, Levi too is soon drifting.

With half-lidded eyes, he smiles at her as she speaks again. Her pale lips brush along his own before he tucks her head back to where it had been resting so comfortably. 

"Me too." The deep vibrations of his voice resound in his chest, and as her lashes flutter against his skin, he truly means it. 

@[Amorette] <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; Any - by Levi - 08-21-2018, 04:49 PM