• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Kagerus, dear

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    I have ever been made to walk in his world, and yet at every turn, I find that world perfectly tailored to myself. The drapes of his window flutter against the breeze of his words, and from my place not far away, I bask in it. When endless storm clouds have passed by his window and left me drenched and shivering, it is not hard to be grateful for a few rays of sunshine; even temporarily; even if they cannot be sustained.

He needn't save me from his madness, for I cannot save him from mine; together we are raw and vulnerable; seething masses of shadows and light that don't make sense to any except ourselves. Our unhinged jaws clamp and snap open in unison, the twisting of our demented figures strangely beautiful as we improvise a dance that our hearts know every step of. Here, as he breathes me in and remembers who he is when he's by my side, Khaedrik is whole, and so am I: two halves of the same coin, rendered next to physically impossible without one another.

As my words tumble out, too real for this, too here and too grounded, his shadows burst forth, as if to counterbalance the reality that I have injected into our hazy, druggish reunion. I gasp upon seeing them, and though he growls as if from a 'notherworld, I lift my neck off of his to greet the twirling, twining threads of nothingness.

Hello old friends, I whisper to them, nuzzling the obscure darkness as my eyes try to decipher a shape. I hope you have forgiven me... For it had been they to see through my skin and into my womb, into the truth of my immortality and at the last, my the truth of my doomsday. When Khaedrik speaks of his own accord, I blink away from his magic to turn my attention back to his answer. He will stay - as long as he can.

"Then I will cherish every moment." It's a gift to be seeing him again at all, and I won't press him for more than he is ready to give right now. I'm leaning in to him just as he reaches to brush away my tears, and I smile ruefully to be the subject of such a tender affection from one so deeply troubled. "I never knew I needed a little brother until the day I met you, Khae," I mumble into the warm throbbing of his throat latch. "I love you so much."

He slowly goes on to mention an old friend, and I can't help but to secretly smile into the soft waves of his palomino coat. It doesn't surprise me that he has friends - but I know him perhaps better than he knows himself, and if this friend is anyone at all, they are someone he has more than a slight interest in.

The day I find out that it's Wishbone of all people will be a doozy; but for now, I don't pry, content to simply be held and swayed into a peaceful silence.

At his enthusiastic insistence of meeting my family, I peel myself away, inhaling with a big grin to speak - but his face is calm, his eyes meeting mine with an intensity that most siblings don't share so abundantly. Feeling my heart quicken as his shadows curl around my neck with the comforting weight of an old friend's touch, I nod, overcome by emotion. A minute passes before I am able to collect myself; to find the words to express how raw my affection for him is.

"I know now," I whisper, not dropping his gaze though a part of me wants to. "I was scared before - but we've been over it now. And I will never forget again." I reach for him, sliding my muzzle along his tenderly. "We are each other's. Always."

Resting there, face to face, I forget about my family; for the only family I've ever needed is here again; returned from the dead; my beloved brother.

@[Khaedrik] If you want to continue this thread we can? BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND MY MUSE EXPLODED? Kag still has to tell him she's queen and a lesbian lmao
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-22-2018, 02:20 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-24-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-24-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-24-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-28-2018, 12:25 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-29-2018, 03:15 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-30-2018, 02:06 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-31-2018, 02:59 AM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 06-22-2018, 06:58 PM