• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One song from you - Breckin
    She gazes at him from beneath a pale forelock, tracing the familiar yet foreign outline of him as he turns to face her.   As finished his turn and came to a stop, she was all too aware again how close they stood, not so unlike when they have first happened upon each other in the Forest.  Before she had the tense urge to move away, now she remains unfazed and relaxed; as if their close proximity was the most naturally, comfortable thing in the world.  It had been nearly a year that she had properly conversed with him and in that time she had begun to grow into her personal goals and desires.  They were so close in fact, she could feel the warmth of his breath upon her sun-kissed nose.  His words cause her brows to quirk in interest and a one-sided grin to emerges, ”Well what did you expect? You don’t exactly blend in.” Her voice is playful as she boldly ventures closer to him, tugging gently at the ends of his metallic mane.

The leopard mare lingers close to his neck for longer than what was probably necessary, breathing in the odd mix of scents that clung to him.  Something was definitely different this time, but what it was exactly eluded her for now.  When she finally does take a small step away, her gaze dragging along the line of his mouth before his head tilts and his eyes trace over her.  Breckin had heard his smart-ass question and the first thought to cross her mind was to reach out and bite the smirk off of his face that she knew he was most likely concealing, even though it wasn’t showing.  But she manages to refrain as another thought presents itself—what if she reached out and just gently touched where that curve of his lip would be…

But wait.  She stops her head from rising further as a different thought occurs to her—what if he hadn’t come to see her?  There’s a strange knot developing in the pit of her stomach at the realization, that perhaps she had been too quick to assume that he had pad her a visit.  The more likely truth was that he was here to visit his mother whether it be personal or some dutiful visit on behalf of Ischia.

Averting her eyes slightly, she chooses not to move away just yet.  There’s a small smile on her face, but her eyes hold the dimness of imagined disappointment, “I would think you would be used to girls following you around, with your good-looks and charm.”  The leopard maiden laughs lightly, further trying to loosen the remaining knot of disappointment that settled into her stomach.  Softening her brown gaze she looks back to him, “I’m sorry if I came upon you so quickly.  I hadn’t considered that you might have been expecting someone else.  I can help you find them, or I can leave if you’d prefer.”

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 05-22-2018, 03:42 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 05-26-2018, 03:58 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 05-26-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 05-29-2018, 08:32 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 05-30-2018, 02:51 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 06-23-2018, 08:52 AM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 06-23-2018, 05:39 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 06-23-2018, 06:18 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 06-24-2018, 07:44 PM