• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / belgaer
    Belgaer
    There is a warmth about her. He sees it as she watches the two foals at play. For a moment he wonders if she had any children of her own. Though, he did not see any hanging about her, he recognized her longing. His whole adult life he’d fought to protect those incapable of doing so themselves. The young and the old – they all had stories needing to be told. And, though his body remained youthful, Brennen’s own stories contained many valuable lessons to be learned. He had seen the changing of the land many times and now he sat rightfully upon the throne of Ischia. Children were, and always would be, the future of the land. Vital to their survival.

There was something in her eyes as they turned to meet his own. A familiarity that stirred his insides. Heaviness and hope filled her chocolate gaze with a vibrancy he feared he lacked. Kindly, she dismissed his concerns with a laugh. She was nervous, he sensed, and he found himself wondering if his presence there beside her was to blame. Smiling, he hoped to set her at ease. The mare is quick to point out the salty scent that clung to him. It seemed that no matter how long he was away, he could not escape the truth of his loyalty. Ischia ran thickly through his veins and it was no surprise to him that it was so obvious.

“No, this is not my home,” he agreed with a warming chuckle. “Ischia is the place of my birth and where my allegiances lie. How about you, Wound, where is it that you call home?”

He sensed her to be his ally. If she had not been, he doubted that she would have welcomed him there beside her quite so warmly. Still, she was not wrong to point out the dangers that lay in wait just beyond the shadows. He felt them growing stronger with every passing day, even if he wasn’t quite sure of their identities.

“You have my word.”
    The Prodigal Son

@[wound] His last sentence makes me sad... foreshadowing maybe?

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon / belgaer - by wound - 05-23-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / belgaer - by Belgaer - 05-24-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / belgaer - by wound - 05-26-2018, 08:20 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / belgaer - by Belgaer - 05-28-2018, 11:32 AM
    RE: you're the beacon / belgaer - by wound - 06-04-2018, 11:08 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / belgaer - by Belgaer - 06-06-2018, 02:02 PM