• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / warrick
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    She arrives on Tephra’s shore just as twilight is approaching. The sky is cast in the beautiful colors of the sunset while the stars above are beginning to shine their constellations. The world is still warm from the sun’s light over the course of the day and so Wishbone feels no chill even as her body is dripping with excess water. The tide is high when she crosses, but the young woman has always been a strong swimmer and she pulls herself from the waves easily. She hasn’t noticed how much muscle she’s put on during her time in Nerine, at least not until she realizes how simple the swim across is compared to how it used to be.

She knows exactly where to find her father this time of day and her feet guide her easily through the trails of her home. It’s thrilling to be back in Tephra, among the sulfur and brine of her birth-home, and she slides easily through the undergrowth as though she were a child again. A laugh bubbles from Wishbone’s mouth even though there is no one to hear because she is so consumed in her joy.

The stars are truly shining by the time she reaches her father’s favorite place — nestled on the shore with the volcano’s rocky face behind his back and the wide, expansive ocean in front of him — and they cast an ethereal glow on her mahogany face. She doesn’t think about how much she has changed (with her long legs and slender curves and sinewy muscle and tiny, thin scars from practice and the fading bruises on her hips and neck) or about how much he has changed (with the harshness of a king’s life wearing him down and the passage of time chipping at his bones and the lifestyle of a father nestling against his heart).

She is a child again, pure in spirit and desperately climbing for the summit of the volcano. “Dad, I’m home!”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Warrick]

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 05-23-2018, 10:54 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Warrick - 05-26-2018, 09:26 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 06-02-2018, 02:58 PM