• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / sibyl
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    Wishbone wakes to a late morning. She’d spent the night nestled against the comforting embrace of her mother after speaking with Warrick into the darkness of the night. Wound had held her daughter close, just to make sure the girl was home at least for a bit, and Wishbone hadn’t squirmed or complained or wriggled at all (not like when she’d lived in Tephra, sneaking away from her mother in the midst of the night to watch the otters sleep or chase the molten lava along their paths).

The journey from Nerine to Tephra had been tiring, especially with the tension hanging over Beqanna like thick, dark storm-clouds. So when she wakes with the sun nearly to the highest point in the sky, she isn’t surprised. But she feels well-rested and eager to search for her new little sister, one she has yet to meet. Warrick had mentioned the arrival of her new sibling during their conversation, but by the time Wishbone had settled down to sleep it had been well into the nighttime.

So she leaves her mother, perhaps for a long while, with a tender kiss to her cheek and a loving embrace. It’s relieving to walk through Tephra’s forests again. Although Wishbone’s reckless heart adores the thrill of adventure and discovery and new places, she cannot help but feel comfort upon walking along the trails of her birth-home. Her mind’s eye takes her back to her favorite places as a child to search for her sister, and though she searches the hot springs and the foothills of the volcano, she doesn’t find her.

Beginning to feel forlorn, Wishbone turns toward the slender piece of beach containing the protected bay where the large rocks rise up on either side, creating a cocoon of sheltered waves for the family of sea otters that live there. Small pebbles crunch under her feet as she comes to a halt on the shore, a soft smile dancing across her mouth at the memory of standing on this same beach, shoulder-to-shoulder, with Trekori.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Sibyl]

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / sibyl - by Wishbone - 05-23-2018, 11:05 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / sibyl - by Sibyl - 05-26-2018, 11:48 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / sibyl - by Wishbone - 06-02-2018, 11:08 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / sibyl - by Sibyl - 06-21-2018, 10:19 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / sibyl - by Wishbone - 06-23-2018, 11:55 PM