• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Briseis can be a dry one, after all, he noted - but perhaps her wit was drowned with her sense of direction earlier tonight, only now finding the surface. She seems puzzled by the wolf, however, and the roan stallion chuckles and shakes his head. Should he explain it to her, he wonders - if she's new to Beqanna she may not have encountered a shifter before. But no, when she turns back to him and tell him she's too fatigued to walk, he thinks perhaps not today.

He nods at her decision to stay the rest of the night. However, he's not one to just leave her alone in the dark in that state. She may be new and unaccepting still of most the magic Beqanna has to offer (he's glad he just has golden mane to show for it, keeping his aura where it belongs so as not to have to spook her more), that doesn't mean she's not a lady in distress.

The black mare's question makes him tilt his head, she seems slow tonight but perhaps just due to the sore legs from the unnecessary sprint. "Ah, there's horses gathered there you really would think of as demons in the night, m'lady. I suppose to one wolf it wouldn't matter much, but for a young mare such as yourself, they might think of you as an opportunity rather than a person." Or an experiment. Or a breeding source. Whatever was on that horse's mind at the moment. "Loess is allied with them, though for the life of me I don't understand why - perhaps just seeking power. You'd probably be safer to stay in Hyaline, or Nerine even, and not travel alone. Especially not alone at night. You're lucky that it was just me and Crevan today." He muses, tail flicking. He has stepped a little closer in his talking, voice lowered as if perhaps someone might overhear him saying these things. He could come off threatening as well as soothing at this point, he realizes a little too late. Perhaps she'll shy away now, and she has every right to do so. He easily forgets that some mares aren't taking close proximity too well, even if it comes naturally to him to try and flirt with anyone at any opportunity. His eyes search hers, trying to estimate if her heartbeat quickens due to a fight-or-flight mode or rather in the way his own pulse does, slightly excited by the idea of needing to stay the night here. He knows so many ways to spend a night with her, but it will definitely depend on her reaction which it will be. It's too late to turn his demeanour around now, the air thick with thoughts of her.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Briseis]
    Sorry. Idk what this is, so feel free to engage OR punch his face (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Leilan - 06-09-2018, 05:52 AM