• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    It's rare that I'm not next to Solace these nights, wrapped up in her embrace and dreaming sweetly with her. Sometimes I take one of the twins with me instead, guiding their dreams and watching their internal selves explore a land beyond their wildest imagination. And though it lends me great comfort to be so involved with my new family, something about the way the wind blows tonight simply keeps me up. Although I'd fallen in and out of a dream during twilight, as the moon rises, I find myself more and more awake.

I'm at the entrance of our grotto, having already seen Solace to sleep, when I spot the disturbance in the lake. Ripples, and then the surfacing of something rather large for our peaceful lake. Snorting gently, my ears twist to pick up any noise, but the creature is perfectly silent. Conflicted, I consider awakening my queen - but it was her turn to watch the twins today, and I know how exhausting the little balls of energy can be, firsthand. Craning my neck around to gaze upon my slumbering family, I smile to know that they are safe, and decide to investigate for myself.

As quietly as I can, I slip from the grotto and head for the grassy slope that we usually do not descend upon - but our worn rock-face path will be too noisy, it will wake them. As the mountain disperses into level ground, I hit it at an easy canter, enjoying the way the momentum of gravity sends my body forward so effortlessly. But then - the thing is dragging itself from the waters, and my attention goes to more important things.

Resisting the urge to call out immediately, I slow to a walk and carefully approach the shifting stranger. As his distinctly male scent hits me, I suddenly regret having dreamt myself more beautiful during those short spurts earlier this evening. The dish of my head is deeper, eyes wide, lips softer; my legs are finer, barrel more trim, tail more arched; and my coat gleams, not just from the dream, but because of the moonlight. As I step into view, my clouded leopard markings shimmer atop my overo coat, leaving me a feline unicorn in all her grace.

Before me, an equally and undeniably beautiful stallion stands dripping. Painted as I am, his coat shines not with markings but with scales, and I snort softly upon this revelation, ears flickering warily. His perfectly white face almost takes my breath away - never mind the slope of his muscled shoulders or the way his brown eyes seem to cut into me - but I remind myself of my duty to this kingdom, and of course my fealty to my wife, before his effects take me too far.

"We do not often get water-born visitors here in Hyaline, though I suppose we ought to expect it somewhat more than other kingdoms." My voice is low and lyrical, murmured in the night air as I take another step forward and frown, considering the stallion carefully. "Might I know your name, visitor?"

@[Ivar] NFOIAIJAO hehhhhh
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-29-2018, 12:13 AM