• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    I'd not intended my irritation to be delightful, but with a stallion such as Ivar before me, I cannot say that I'm surprised that my no inspires his oh is that so? Luckily, I am in next to no danger - but when I consider how agile the stallion had been in the waters, I make a point remembering to moving us further from the lake's edge as soon as possible. Despite our game being fun and gawdy, I have children to raise; a wife to love.

Death by this lake has welcomed me one too many times for it to be appealing any longer.

The sea doesn't care that I'm absent without leave, comes his reply, instantly. My eyes flick to the way he rolls his shoulders, the moonlight reflecting off the wet scales that cover the impressive muscles beneath. Except wait - there - a burn mark. When I sight this scar, my brow furrows; I don't know Ivar from his time as king.

I know him as a warrior.

Smirking as I roll this factoid over in my mind and upon my tongue, I listen with a keener twinkle in my eyes to what he has to say. His own eyes blink with a feigned innocence that leaves a smirk trailing across the dark edges of my lips; of course sweet boy, let me show you everything! Not. At his last comment, the smirk grows into an unabashed grin, a brow quirked as she considered his attempt at unsettling her further than he had before. Now that she's recognized him, well...

"Mark my words when I tell you that no word of man will ever define my value," comes my reply, more biting than the smile before it may have predicted. Stepping back, I lower my black horn towards his chest - and then, after a long moment, I swing it away from the lake and towards the grassy channels that weave between the mountains this far inland. "But come; I will show you the western coast. Something tells me that the sea is more your speed than any lake, kelpie."

Waiting for him to come alongside, we walk at first in silence, but that itch behind my skull that twitches my lips into a smile cannot be ignored forever. Tossing him a knowing sideglance, I wait a moment more before finally speaking. "So, top four hey?" I ask. "Brennen whooped your ass. As a spectator, I hated wasting the trip to have seen nothing impressive."

@[Ivar] BITCHKAG SAYS HI, she loved your novel :|
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-31-2018, 12:08 AM