• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus
    At first he thinks she might have succumbed (unexpected, but certainly not unwelcome), but then her curious look at his shoulder turns to a frown and then a smirk. Ivar’s head tilts curiously; what is going on in her mind? It is not often that he is in the metaphorical dark, but Kagerus reply to the kelpie’s quip about impressiveness brightens his perspective at least a little. 

Not interested in his kind, he realizes, in much the same way that Ivar has never felt a need to bring down a stallion. The realization conjures a rather explicit image of Kagerus beneath the sea with a silver-eyed kelpie. Ivar smiles happily at the image, unperturbed by

“If you ever change your mind, I’d be happy to put more effort into my next evaluation,” Ivar offers, verbally undaunted by the horn at his chest (though he does not press closer. He considers lingering behind her for a better view, but he has never seen the western coast of Hyaline. There are few places he has not ventured (he had visited each kingdom by the time he was a yearling, after all), and the idea of an adventure is more than enough to push aside the lazy hunger.

She is quiet, but there is a telling smile on her face that keeps Ivar from breaking the silence. There is something she wants to say, he knows, but he had not at all anticipated what it is.

“Some of us don’t let skeletons do our fighting for us,” he replies with a frown and a rather un-charming grumble. “Or use fucking icicles instead of hooves and teeth. ” Ivar complains, but does seem to know that he’s being petulant, because his wide grin reveals a set of impossibly sharp teeth that Brennen certainly lacks. The older stallion had attempted to argue that Ivar’s scales were no different of an advantage, but the piebald kelpie was not inclined to listen.

“Let me guess,” begins tobiano male, casting a suspicious side eye at Kagerus even with his smile. “You’re one of those with invisible traits too? Taking advantage of us simple contenders with just our hide and hooves?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Ivar - 05-31-2018, 01:35 PM