• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    As the ocean comes into sight, Ivar's focus shifts to the water ahead. The woman beside him is no less intriguing, but he has eyes only for the moonlit water they wade into. It is tepid against his pale legs, matching the temperature of the air on this warm autumn evening. Ivar lowers his head to the surface, his pink nostrils fluttering curiously. It is less silty than the sea he'd left behind, but does not taste so strongly of iron as it does in Nerine. The water is entirely new, and the kelpie smiles despite himself, taking a moment before glancing back at Kagerus.

She is answering the questions he'd almost forgotten asking (he forgets most things in the sea, where only the present matters), and Ivar tears his attention from the sea to return it to the mahogany mare. The kelpie has never liked magic - at least the intangible kind. He prefers dangers that he can see and touch, and in turn, destroy. Kagerus speaks of magic stronger than her own, but to Ivar they are all stronger than anything he might summon. His only gift is an extension of his charm; most times it is no stronger than the spell he can cast with tempting words and dark eyes.

He wonders if Kagerus is aware she does something similar, speaking of experiencing one's wildest dreams as though it is as simple as wading farther into the sea. He knows the colloquial meaning of having dreams, but he is a creature that rarely does. His sleep is deep and rarely complicated, and the only images he has ever seen in them are sex and water and death.

Ivar tilts his head as she narrows her eyes, his broad shoulders moving up and down in shrug.

"Show me," he tells her. "I want to see what a Queen of Hyaline dreams about.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@[Kagerus]

okay so i literally had 90% of a post written and then i refreshed the page accidentally so i rewrote this and it is much worse but at least it is done and not deleted!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Ivar - 06-17-2018, 07:53 PM