• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    She smiles despite her narrowed eyes, and the darkness in her expression sends an anticipatory thrill dancing through his veins. It is not often that Ivar relinquishes control, and it is even less common for him to let go of the reins entirely. She tells him he will be powerless, but no one ever is. He doesn't believe her promise - hasn't he said the same thing a dozen times to the pretty skulls the litter the ocean floor? - but he doesn't need to. For all her cautions, the kelpie has never truly known the icy rush of fear, and he cannot appreciate her warning for what it is.

Ivar is the danger; to be in danger is all but unfathomable.

Had she not pulled them under Ivar might have done the same - indeed his pale mouth is stretching toward her throat even as the darkness breaks over him.

It is not unlike sinking beneath the waves, he finds, though for a dark while he cannot feel himself. When he is pieced together again, it is in a place not unlike his own dreams, and he he breathes the tepid water into lungs that are somehow smaller than before. Ivar doesn’t have words for the shape he wears here, but he drifts as easily as he always has. Kagerus – for that pale thing must be her – reaches out to him with an unfamiliar limb, yet he reaches back with one not so different.

Their fingers twin together, and Ivar tugs her toward him effortlessly.

“Make it colder,” he tells her, because it seems speaking aloud beneath the water is an easy feat in a dream. And then, because she had told him he was powerless and he wants to see how right she was, he slides his free hand across the narrow width of her shoulder and collarbone, settling with his thumb on her throat and his fingers around the back of her neck.

“Stop me,” he tells her aloud, while at the same time whispering the opposite command into the back of her mind. Gently and firmly, he presses down on the fragile skin of her throat, a dark curiosity in his fathomless brown eyes.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Ivar - 06-20-2018, 08:30 PM