• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    He stands there uselessly, not interested in playing my game. It's frustrating at first, but slowly, an idea dawns upon me that makes up for how useless my ideas have been thus far. Perhaps it's true; perhaps he will not know fear, no matter how I go about torturing him. I consider allowing him a stale mate, but the delicious taste of the idea formulating in my unseen mind beckons too sweetly for me to deny its call.

Perhaps I am still feeling the effects of his hypnosis.

Unlike before, the world does not change in a snap. Without reason or rhyme, water begins pooling along the floor of the hallway, gradually rising until it swallows Ivar completely. A more natural hum replaces the chorus of whispers, a very dim light seen from above. The hallway disappears next, leaving the man suspended once more in the place I'd brought him first. From the shadows of this watery world, my conscious reforms, covered in shivers - with nothing to hide them.

My dreams are soft, Ivar, I murmur from my mind to his, prefer the intimacy of this communication far more than spoken word. Our figures drift closer together, though only the force of the dream propels us; there's no tugging or bated breath. The swirling locks of my dark hair entangle themselves in his fingers, fingers that are healed now (for hadn't I promised not to hurt him?)

Knowing that I have little time before the ivory of my bare throat commands his next action, I close my eyes and dream my consciousness in two; an exact replica. One stays in this body, and the other finds shapelessness in the ocean around us, preserving my life should the one inside the naked, delicate girl's body be ended.

But sometimes - sometimes I dream of drowning.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Kagerus - 06-22-2018, 12:29 AM