• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    Isobell collapses to the ground, but Ivar’s tail flicks without thought. He catches he dark jaw before it can strike the earth, and he lingers for a moment before he pulls away. It is not like his Isobell to be so compliant, and Ivar is not the type to waste this advantage.

He is distracted by Lothbrok’s emergence from the reeds. Ivar’s molten gaze snaps toward the movement, but the line of tension in his scaled figure eases as he recognizes the boy. No, he realizes, not really a boy anymore. He’s a stallion now; Lothbrok has grown up in their year apart. Still, Ivar reaches out to playfully tug at his mane as he always had, drawing the boy closer for a moment before looking back at the piebald twins that struggle to find their feet on land.

It’s so much harder than the water, Ivar knows. Too many weeks out to sea and even Ivar has a few stumbling steps while his body struggles to remember what gravity feels like. The kelpie means to let Isobell sleep for a time, but his ears flick back at the sound of his near-whispered name. The kelpie mare is struggling to rise, and Ivar keeps near to her without offering help. He knows better.

As their youngest children take their first meal, Ivar chances his luck and steps closer to Isobell. His touch is gentle as he smooths away a tangled bit of mane from her neck, feeling each pebbled scale beneath his pale lips as he does. He roves farther, tapping at the slightly raised scars of her neck and shoulders with his sharp canines.

(mine. mate. mine.)

The kelpie lets out a long sigh - one that he wasn’t truly aware that he’d been holding. His chin moves to rest along the rise of her withers, and he shuffles his hindquarters to offer and equally comfortable place for her to rest along his side.

“What do you want to name them?” He asks, as though no time has passed at all since they had last seen each other. "I still like Kaliope, for a girl."

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Messages In This Thread
    bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Isobell - 05-27-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 05-27-2018, 07:53 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 05-27-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 05-28-2018, 02:12 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 07-01-2018, 05:30 PM