• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge - kylin
    Tomorrow afternoon his world will experience a dramatic shift.

Today though, Ivar remains blissfully unaware of the encroaching paradigm. He is lounging on a shaded bit of beach, his belly full of a slow squid and a few flounder. The edge of his tail is in the water, and every now and again the piebald creature flicks it toward him, showering his scales with the cool water. It lands in glittering droplets across his body, shining most brightly on those that are pearlescent white.

Reclining in the shade of a mangrove, Ivar watches the distant horizon. He'd seen a pod of dolphins a few days back, but nothing breaks the blue line this afternoon. The kelpie's days have slipped into a familiar pattern; he spends the daylight hours hunting (prey both finned and furred) and his evenings with Kylin.

Some nights he returns to their shady copse later than usual, and he does his best to slip onto the western island where they live without waking the lavender mare. The pattern is reminiscent of his time in Loess, Ivar realizes as he pulls himself to his hooved feet, with Kylin taking the place that had once been occupied by Heda. Here though, there is the sea, deep and comforting.

No one to share the depths with though.

Shaking the sand from his scales, the piebald kelpie leaves the shade and begins to wade into the water. He doesn't go far - only up to his knees. The midday sun glitters brightly on the glassy water around him and Ivar half closes his eyes a the sun warms his two-toned hide.

@[Kylin]
    timeline wise i guess this is post-birthing but also pre Ivar meeting Kyvi?

Messages In This Thread
    could i use you as a makeshift gauge - kylin - by Ivar - 05-30-2018, 10:35 AM