• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  O enemy, do I terrify?

IT ALL ADDS UP TO THIS: THE HOLLOW CHEST, THE BRUISED NECK, THE SHAKING HANDS.
    YOUR BODY, THE TRIUMVIRATE OF UNHOLY THINGS

Alone.

Alone.

Alonealonealone.
    The word echoes in his mind much as hunger gnashes its teeth within his belly. The need is all consuming and he yields to it with little resistance, trudging along old familiar trails. It is the scent of blood and life, he tells himself. His vibrant green eyes dance over the trees and the faces of those he passes, certain that he does not recognize this place. His memory is hazy and he doesn’t care to delve into it. Vulgaris is certain he had children at some point but they were trembling, skinny things that he had no use for. There was not an ounce of that paternal love to be found in him for his progeny.

His tongue escapes his jaws and drags itself across jagged teeth at the sight of so much meat. Faces, faces. He corrects himself and shuts his mouth tight. To rein in his hunger has always been such a monumental task but he knows impressions are of greater importance. The chimera lifts his head to a more proud height and lifts his legs a little higher with each step, giving him a more fluid gait than his lazy pace before. His gray forelock hangs to the side of his face while the pale mane cascades over a strong neck. His coat is still a dark gray, with little dapples kissed across his body. The light bleeding between the leaves creates an almost dizzying pattern across him but he doesn’t seem to notice.

His scales are freshly shed, glimmering like precious jewels in some ancient dragon’s hoard. A faint smile completes the charm of his serpentine face, inviting like a lure to careless prey. The ache of being alone, for now, takes precedence over his gnawing hunger. There will be time to feast later, when the trap has snared a feast.
    VULGARIS
    THERE WAS NOTHING MORE DIVINE THAN HAVING SINNED WITH YOU.

i'm super rusty, so sorry. i'll get better with practice!

Messages In This Thread
    O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 05-30-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 05-30-2018, 06:43 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 05-30-2018, 07:07 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 05-30-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 05-30-2018, 08:13 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 05-30-2018, 08:40 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 06-01-2018, 12:10 AM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 06-01-2018, 02:34 AM