• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  O enemy, do I terrify?
    Pond has known a kind and welcome life on the island of Ischia, a gentle life among the bachelor herd. She had not expected such kindness. She is still discovering the new world around her herself - when she had fallen asleep, she had expected to wake and return to the Deserts but all that has gone now, as if she had dreamt of it with heavy muscles.

Despite Brennen and Belgaer’s hospitality, she has a penchant for wandering, just as she had before. She had rested in their company, she had dreamt of the old lands, but she cannot settle in one spot for long. She will return, but she is strong enough now as a yearling to swim the small bay and return to the mainlands.

This is where she had been reborn, where she had begun again. She feels drawn to it like a negative to a positive. The grove, the gentle sound of water, the silence aside from it all. She flutters her shadowy wings with a soft sigh and drinks deep of the air. When she opens her eyes halfway, the mossy trees seem kind to her, almost as if they are hugging. She takes a moment to flex her shoulders, rubbing against them as if the shadowy wings caused some irritation in them and the gentle bark of the trees helped to alleviate it.

But then a sparkle catches her eye. She looks up with a small and childish snort. Something was there, in the water and something almost jewel-like! She stops, pauses, and then steps forward beneath the canopy of the trees. “Hello?” she asks in her voice like a bell. Allured by the glitter of his scales she continues on her small feet. Once she realizes the stallion there, glimmering in the dull light, she tosses her head with a grin. “Hi!” She almost laughs. “You are beautiful!” She can’t help the words tumbling forward now as she admires his scales and the slim form of his body. “What is your name?”

Messages In This Thread
    O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 05-30-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 05-30-2018, 06:43 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 05-30-2018, 07:07 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 05-30-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 05-30-2018, 08:13 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 05-30-2018, 08:40 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by vulgaris - 06-01-2018, 12:10 AM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? - by Pond - 06-01-2018, 02:34 AM