• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm curious.
    I try to shape my characters based on their traits, believe it or not - especially if they're born here in Beqanna and not created (which I haven't done in a long time.)

Typically the personalities tend to be based on their family history, (what was their dam, sire, granddam, grandsire like?) and I use that and their given traits as a base to get a 'feel' for them. Some role types are harder for me to play, I don't do "dark and menacing" very well; my last truly horrible character was Wyrm and even he didn't do that much.

I feel that I click with male characters more, Circinae (Nyxa's mother) being the first female I've ever played who amounted to anything, really. Once I start to feel comfortable with the character, it's then that they start to reflect some personality traits that remind me of shows/games/books I've seen and I try to draw on that to help round them out.

Crevan: I knew when he was born that he'd be stoic and like his grandfather Lupei, and that he'd be played mostly as wolf, but after his quest to the Underneath I began to feel him change into this outwardly sarcastic, nonchalant sort of character who really has a lot of struggles to deal with underneath it all.
    - He's most like the character Bigby Wolf, from the video game series The Wolf Among Us, if you need a visual representation.
    - Music-wise I don't draw much inspiration, but every time I watch something with a lovable neutral character (Wolverine in X-men, Deadpool, etc.) I'm immediately reminded of him.

Nyxa: I was totally set on her tom-boyish attitude when she was young, since she ended up being a great mix of her dam and sire, but again after her Cryptid fairy quest she started to change and so did her personality. Her storyline ended up being something of an 'ugly duckling' sort of tale - rough around the edges and then true love and time gave her beauty and strength.
    - If she were in a tv show, she'd be a supporting role. Probably the best friend of the protagonist or something along those lines. No one character has ever reminded me of her; she's just too sweet for her own good. Maybe Jane from Pride and Prejudice?
    - Happy beach music inspires me the most for her! Anything rhythmic and smooth really gets me into the mood to write her out.

Longclaw: Ahhh when he was born I knew that I was going to transfer Lupei's trait to him, so I knew right away that he was going to be one thing as a child and then a totally other thing as an adult. His curse really made him who he was; a suave, handsome rake type character with a good heart.
    - I always imagined Longclaw as that guy you crushed relentlessly on, and then he actually is everything he's supposed to be when finally his attention turns towards you. SO good at making you feel hot and bothered, special ... just a sexy, sexy dude. He's my fantasy brought to life.
    - No music or really any character fits him, he's every dime store novel "male-leading-character" rolled into one Wink

--

At the end of the day, though, what really makes my characters pop are the other characters I play them with. Crevan would be nothing without his messed up childhood and the break-up of his family, and certainly not half as interesting without Merida around. Nyxa might as well not exist if Hod's not around (lol) and Longclaw would also be just as pointless without Femur, his little one-time herd, and Tephra.

The rest of my characters still need growth but these three are the ones who have the greatest depth to their backstories. Hope all this babble helped!
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios

Messages In This Thread
    I'm curious. - by Avion - 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Nicole - 05-31-2018, 05:06 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Andromeda - 05-31-2018, 05:40 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Avion - 05-31-2018, 06:01 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Andromeda - 05-31-2018, 06:12 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Sid - 05-31-2018, 06:37 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Neo - 05-31-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Radar - 05-31-2018, 06:56 PM
    RE: I'm curious. - by Bruja - 05-31-2018, 07:37 PM