• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it feels better biting down; any
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    It is a good thing forgiveness is a plausible thing in Beqanna, or else things would have certainly gone to shit.

Wishbone is lucky to have been blessed with a gentle, warm family — a mother who’s taught her manners, a father who’s shown her the beauty of the stars, a brother who’s encouraged her wild side, a sister who’s been a role-model for leadership skills. Although her parents do not nestle to one another’s sides when the nights get chilly, their friendship has been obvious through the years and Wishbone is grateful they have remained a strong face of love and security for their daughter.

She can try to understand the war-torn lives of the childhood of others, but to truly fathom it all she must have to experience it. Instead she offers an apologetic smile at the other’s statement, amber eyes lingering on that timid smile. She would apologize further, but they are already moving past the rubble of her blundering mistake.

“Virgo, like the constellation.” She mutters it mostly to herself, yet the words are audible for the gray mare’s ears to catch. Warrick had taught his daughter the constellations shimmering in the night skies in her youth, urging his daughter to commit their names to memory and reflect upon their hazy glow whenever she might feel afraid. “Your ancestors spin in the sky,” he had said to her one night, sulfur-heavy wind tossing his navy mane. “Whenever you feel overwhelmed or alone, look to the night sky and remember that they are always with you.”

A nostalgic smile blossoms on Wishbone’s slender face. It hadn’t been so long ago that she’d visited Tephra for a short amount of time — spreading the news of her potential coronation to her family gathered there — and spent an evening in the company of her father. Yet still the absence of his presence lingers in the depths of her chest. “Nerine,” she responds, although the question is loaded just as her own had been. “Though I grew up in Tephra.” Another smile, this one softer than the last. “Do you have a place to call home, Virgo?”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Virgo]

Messages In This Thread
    it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-01-2018, 04:21 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-04-2018, 01:47 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Wishbone - 06-04-2018, 10:51 PM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-05-2018, 01:09 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-08-2018, 10:14 PM