• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it feels better biting down; any
    the first time he calls you holy, you laugh it back so hard your sides hurt.
    the second time, you moan gospel around his fingers between your teeth.

What was important to her family? Better yet, what was important to her? Virgo tosses the question around in her mind for a moment without coming to even one conclusion on the matter. Suffering was their family tradition and they had built their family tree from weeping willows, she believed. Everclear had taught her their names and swore she’d surpass them all in her victories and her joys. She believed him, then. Virgo trusted him when he said she held the world in her tiny palm and followed him like a disciple.

Kingdoms of Old. Had it been so long? Her memory is hazy at best but she remembers vivid images of her childhood back then. “If only you could, Wishbone,” she murmurs with a smile that is suddenly very tired. The Valley alone had a thousand faces and the Amazons had a thousand more. Each one had been her home for some time, though her heart realizes it could never choose between the two. One had given her life while the other had given her love. They had each, in turn, sculpted her into who she is today. She leaves the topic to dissipate in the air between them, after which her smile grows a little stronger once more.

A noble dream. I suppose I could say the same until life reveals a clearer path for me. ” Then the bay girl is equating Nerine to the Amazons and Virgo finds herself chewing at the inside of her lip. Would she still feel Eerie’s magic there? Would jungle vines find a way to cradle their lost treasure again? The idea makes her heart flutter lightly against her ribs, fighting to escape and also to stay hidden within her. Perhaps it would offer her a banquet of new beginnings altogether.

I remember the Amazons. ” Her voice is so soft she isn’t sure Wishbone can even hear her but just saying the name again tastes like wild roses and lavender across her tongue. There can be no denying it, then. Virgo’s eyes regain their brightness as she looks to the girl again. “It’s been a while, but I think your home may suit me best. The Valley and the Gates slumber, but Amazons somehow always find a way to carve their place in the world.

She laughs softly, then. Maybe her bones were always meant to call the matriarchal kingdom home. Her gnarled family tree sprung from the warrior-women, after all, and it has always ached to return to its roots. It only makes sense for the lost girl to finally heed its call after all this time.
    Virgo
    you will ruin him and he will thank you; he will say please.
    @[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-01-2018, 04:21 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-04-2018, 01:47 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-05-2018, 01:09 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-08-2018, 10:14 PM