• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[1,195 Words]Save me from myself [Any Brother/Sister]
    His bronze-tipped lobes could not hear the beating of his Brother's wings over the rush of the River. He could not pick up the thudding of approaching hooves, either. Finally, a piercing whinny, which carries his own name, wakes him from his sunbath. Ears twitch as eyelids flutter open. The bright daylight causes him to squint and, his thoughts are still in a slight fog from his nap. Belgaer's and Leilan's cologne ring familiar within thinker-box and, a sigh of relief escapes nostrils. As Jesper feels the welcome contact of his Brother against his side, he leans his cheek into the other's mandible. He could rest easy now that he is the company of his family. He listens to the roan's words of encouragement though, cannot quite bring himself to move. It just felt so nice to be here - in their company. His lids begin to close again as the scarred ebony equine relaxes back into his previous state of rest.

Before long, his nares catch the distinct cologne of his grandsire. Heavy lids pop open, again, and aquamarine gaze search the River banks for his King. Orbs befall the winged mahogany stallion and, Jesper notes the urgency of his arrival. I had everyone worried, didn't I? The onyx male can only offer a dip of his muzzle and, an expression of guilt as Brennen reaches out to him. When Jesper lifts his profile, he is astonished to see the buckskin and cream figure of Lavendel closing in. Instead of ducking his head again in shame, he opts to offer her a gentle smile. His smile is a sign of his gratitude that she had made it safely from Hyaline to Ischia and, that she was here, now, for him. However, his smile fades as he sees her glossy pools welling up with tears. His own ducts secrete salty tears as he realizes how much worry and pain he has caused her. Two droplets cascade down right cheek before he blinks the third one away. You have shown enough vulnerability, Jesper. Leilan's right, you will get through this.

Attention shifts back to Brennen's words of caution before he nods with understanding. Front limbs unfold and stretch out in front of the stallion. Jesper pushes himself onto all fours and, redistributes his weight across legs. He is careful not to step on Leilan and, finds himself steadier than he expected to be when standing. Gaze shifts briefly between Belgaer, Leilan, Brennen and Lavendel. A soft smile crosses his lips out of appreciation before he swallows. "I cannot thank you all, enough. Thank you for coming to me." He falls silent and, allows his gaze to focus upon the rushing water beside them. He continues though, he is not talking to anyone in particular. "I have so much to tell you, so much to share. I saw so much. And, so many - including, a couple of our own. Astarael. Drax." He stops himself as Brennen's words, "let us get safely to Ischia" remind him that he should not say any more here. Someone could be listening in. He sighs and, shakes his poll before turning towards his grandsire once more. Jesper addresses him and, his last question, in a tone that attempts to hide the exasperation and, fear he feels standing beside the vast and powerful water. "I can walk. But, I cannot cross the River. Please don't make me face those depths again. Don't make me go back there." As gaze focuses on the River, lobes pin to poll and, skull lifts as chassis grows tense. Steed takes a step or, two, away from the rushing waters, just in case the tendrils try to pull him under again.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Brennen] @[Leilan] @[Belgaer] @[Lavendel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [1,195 Words]Save me from myself [Any Brother/Sister] - by Jesper - 06-11-2018, 03:09 PM