• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[1,195 Words]Save me from myself [Any Brother/Sister]

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    As soon as the mare speaks, Leilan connects her dots - she's very, very upset about Jesper, and he remembers her introducing herself as Ischian that day in the meadow with the blue lady; he remembers thinking she must have come for someone, rather than the whole bunch of boys. He was right then, and he is now, understanding that it is Jesper she had come for, stayed for, and waited for.

Whereas Belgaer is perhaps a tiny bit slower to anger than his father, Leilan sees that he is upset anyway. But the red and white stallion is quick to comfort the young lady that joins them, upset as she is, and perhaps even quicker to the task that their winged Brother-King just set for him. The roaning stallion doesn't care for meetings much, but he knows this is one that cannot wait much longer. He stands when the black-and-bronze man does, stepping sideways a bit; there's life in him again, now, or at least he has enough will to pretend it to be so for his lady. Leilan makes a point to gesture to her with his head that she should come and take his place, stepping up to Brennen, but stopping when Jesper says something about the river.

"Jes... What about the sea?" he asks softly, concern in his eyes as he thinks of the crossing he cannot avoid.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Brennen] @[Lavendel] @[Jesper]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [1,195 Words]Save me from myself [Any Brother/Sister] - by Leilan - 06-19-2018, 12:01 PM