• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Running Off the Track
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    She’s never been Beyond (that’s what she calls the places beyond Beqanna, in her mind) but the thrill for adventure and discovery paints a delicious, wild picture in her mind. Perhaps there are lands far more colorful than Beqanna — where the grass is as blue as their skies and the sky is as green as their grass — or perhaps there are lands torn apart by the sword of war. She often dreams of the Beyond, making a name for herself in a land where there is no reputation of her father’s, and Wishbone will find herself waking covered in a thin layer of excited perspiration.

She can tell this stranger is from the Beyond (the scents of the unknown lay thickly across her body, pressing bitterly against Wishbone’s nose) and her mind urges her to ask a thousand questions that already fall heavily on her tongue. Yet this newcomer doesn’t seem to want to discuss her past and Wishbone feels mingled disappointment and empathy marry with her enthusiasm.

Instead, she is asking about Beqanna. It’s a simple question, all things considered, but the answer is far more difficult. Wishbone drags in a breath doused in summer humidity before answering. “This is Beqanna. There’s a lot of different horses here, from all different walks of life.” She hopes this is a suitable answer for the stranger, as vague as it may be. How do you explain dragon-shifting and ice-molding and time-warping to a stranger who has only just arrived?

“My name’s Wishbone. I come from Nerine, a kingdom in the north.” She wonders briefly if the mare knows what a ‘kingdom’ is. “What’s your name?”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[SaphiraG1rl]

Messages In This Thread
    Running Off the Track - by SaphiraG1rl - 06-01-2018, 02:26 PM
    RE: Running Off the Track - by Wishbone - 06-01-2018, 03:05 PM
    RE: Running Off the Track - by SaphiraG1rl - 06-02-2018, 07:09 AM
    RE: Running Off the Track - by Wishbone - 06-07-2018, 04:37 PM