• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  hello to high and dry - morty
    There is a brightness in his eyes that I do not recognize, one that does not match the maniacal grin that he wears. It is all too clear that it is my brokenness that has caused this; he delight in my suffering. I press harder against the tree, oblivious to the sharp bite of my broken wing and rib as I attempt to get as far from him as possible.

'You think what Kwartz did to you was bad?' He asks me, and I can almost see the whites of my eyes reflected in his. My heartbeat sounds like thunder in my ears as he tells me this will be much worse, but I manage to bite off the whimper before it can emerge.

I will be strong, brave, and steadfast, I tell myself.

In the end, I am none of those things. The king keeps his promise: he is much worse than Kwartz.  The tobiano stallion had been aggressive and violent, but he had been enraged, not manic. My pleas seem to fall on deaf ears until they are no longer pleas, just quiet sobs. Modicum Mortem is merciless and relentless, and the tears that I had refused to spill for Kwartz soak the forest floor at my feet.

Only the tree is holding me up when he finally finishes, and I slump down against it as his unwelcome weight finally leaves my yellow back. His hooves have left bleeding scrapes down my already scarred shoulders, and my inner legs are a mess of blood and fluid. I want to sink into the leaves and disappear, but despite my desperate wishing I remain present and Modicum Mortem does not leave.

'You asked for this,' I hear Kwartz's words echo in my mind "You careless little whore'. He had been right. I had asked for this in agreeing to come to Sylva, in being a mare in a world that belongs to stallions. This is my lot in life, from now until a stallion chooses to change it.

"I'm sorry," I repeat between my tears, though it is hard to make words around the chattering of my teeth. "I'm sorry."

@[Modicum Mortem] works for me :)

Messages In This Thread
    hello to high and dry - morty - by Lepis - 06-02-2018, 04:26 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - morty - by Lepis - 06-02-2018, 05:29 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - morty - by Lepis - 06-02-2018, 09:13 PM