• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Warrick/Karat/Wound ONLY
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    Warrick’s eyes flash quickly to Karat, flames licking at her body most defiantly. The Overseer snorts sharply, ears flicking back into his mane with both disappointment and frustration. It is not his child to scold, however, and though whatever teenage emotions might be thrumming idly through her veins are spurring her actions, Warrick keeps the image of her form retreating in his mind. Had he not been the wise, calm, and collected leader he naturally is, the blatant expression of disrespect would easily have cracked the stoic surface of his face. The Overseer truly hopes that it never came to it, but it would take an incredible and terrible situation to happen for Karat to realize just how much he (and the Ischian King) have done to ensure her safety during the unrest in Sylva. There may been a time where he protected the orphaned family out of the goodness of his heart, though now he can feel the purpose being one of duty and morality, especially as she trudges away without a single word to those who rule her family and her home.

“The mistakes of youth should not be forced on the kingdom from which they hail.” Warrick tells Brennen with a swift nod, agreeing with the winged stallion. There is a smile on his cobalt lips now, the heat and bitter attitude from Karat now dissipating. “Rightly so,” Warrick replies, finding that Brennen’s decision to be rather fitting for the crime. “Upon your leave I will find Klaudius myself and tell him of our agreement. Not only will he face consequences on your shores if not followed, but here in Tephra as well.” Warrick cannot have unrest in the midst of his allies nor his kingdom, when there is a wolf clawing at their doors. Tephra has so graciously accepted Klaudius and his family in good faith, though that faith is slowly waning.

Warrick snorts sharply, tipping his ears back to listen to the sound of Karat still retreating from the borders. “Please let Kylin know she is more than welcome here in Tephra, as well as her child. Have her find me so I can ensure her safe and timely return.” The Overseers wings shuffle at his sides, stretching slightly as they prepare to take flight. “As always, it has been a pleasure to see you again, King Brennen.”

He nods, truly grateful for the wisdom that Brennen offers and the obvious strengthening in their alliance despite unwarranted circumstances. It settles Warrick, in spite of the sternness in which he must rule his people because of those circumstances. With a bow of his head, (and a knowing -
    and thankful - look given to Wound)
    the winged Overseer takes to the skies, searching immediately for the lavender stallion.
    warrick
    credit to vel of adoxography.

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Warrick/Karat/Wound ONLY - by Warrick - 06-12-2018, 08:39 AM