• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // ALL, KINGDOM MEETING.

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

A year. To think that each season had changed since Hestia's passing left Scorch's stomach knotted and writhing. She'd not done much with her crown, nor had she intended to - a placeholder, a name and face that could be relied upon to stitch together two fabrics that would otherwise never mesh. Transitional periods were often ones of quiet, of lulls, but she'd tried her best not to allow this to happen.

Now, it was time for her to end the transitional period; a lull was threatening to overtake them, its shadow looming higher and higher with each rise of the sun as Scorch procrastinated the inevitable. But as the summer lilted and began to whisper of autumn, the once and current Queen made her move. With a strange combination of sickness and comfort in the knowledge that time would go on as it always had, the mutilated woman made her way to the clearing below the great oak - the exact place where she'd first joined Nerine, on the day of Hestia's ascension to the throne.

She came alone this morning, the air crisp and salty against her hairless skin. Though Hestoni had elected to accompany her, she'd quietly excused herself from his presence, preferring to make the journey to this northern point alone. He'd understood, of course, and of course, he would be there perhaps first, trailing after her at a respectable distance. For now, she put him out of her mind, calling quietly in her mind to the mare who'd been the reason for every event in Scorch's life, even until now.

I am passing on the crown, Hestia, she said.
    As you should, Scorch. Came her deceased loved one's voice, clear as day an yet completely unobtainable in this reality. Thank you for watching Nerine; thank you for everything.

Finding herself beneath the oak tree as this exchange ended, Scorch shook out what remained of her mane - which wasn't much at all - before lifting her hammer head and issuing a call for the Leviathans.

They came slowly, or perhaps quickly; but in the end, they came, and she was glad to see their faces. She spoke not until as many as could be hoped for had arrived, preferring to simply nod to those she knew and to smile warmly at those she didn't. When one particular face appeared in the crowd, that smile grew. Clearing her throat to hush the quiet chattering that had started up along the outskirts of the attendees, she took a step forward into the light.

"Thank you all for coming," she said, projecting her voice to the very edges of the clearing. "I'll keep it short and sweet. For my last act as Queen, I will be promoting Breckin to the role of Advisor. She has brought in new recruits and thrown herself at diplomacy, and she is a good friend to me whose wisdom is not missed." Here she paused, looking for the leopard mare with an easy smile. "We will be sharing the title, though she will take on the role of head of peace whereas I will remain more of a council to the Queen."

"Speaking of which - a year has passed since Hestia's departure from this life, and although it has been my pleasure to lead you, it is undeniably time for the inevitable to occur. So, without further ado, it is my pleasure to announce Wishbone - Queen of the Leviathans." Stepping back from her place atop the small cleft beneath the oak, she pressed her nose against Wishbone as they passed one another, sharing with her a significant look of solidarity and belief.

Without waiting around, she slithered through the crowd until at last she found herself at Hestoni's side. Though she knew that he would be a little chapped about her return to second in command, what with him finding her Queenship sexy and all, she knew that even more than that, he would be by her side forever. Leaning against him, she breathed him in to help ground herself before lifting her head from the curve of his shoulder, perking her ears to catch what the young three year old Queen would have to say for herself.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

<3
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // ALL, KINGDOM MEETING. - by Scorch - 06-04-2018, 02:23 PM