• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

Life has been interesting so far.  I have come to find that the pair of equines shouting alongside us that first day, are indeed our parents.  It was quite obvious now that I think on it.  Ketzia is the mirror image of our mothers external semblance.  I am only partially with the lacking of speckles within my caped rump.  Paying no mind to such this, my days reel on as normal as I have come to know.  Awaking in the early morning hours to rise and stretch.  Finding my mother already prepped for the day and my sibling at her side.  A happy whicker greets them with my jaw gaping in a yawn.  A slight shake of my head and I am bounding off to their sides, 
    "Morning Mother! Morning Sister! It is going to be a beautiful day!" 

My personality is all sunshine and rainbows most every day.  Finding quickly my breakfast as Ketzia has already finished with eager anticipation of their adventures to be had.  Often the lilac speckled filly nudges me to hurry and i do so with a giggle.  Today is no different, "Ok. Ok. I'm coming..." Just as I spin to gather beside my twin, our father descends from the skies and greets us each with a gentle brush of his nose upon ours.  Always with a warning to be safe and not to run off too far.  It is I who assures him we will be, because I know I have my sister by my side.  My world starts and ends with my other half... 

Chocolate covered limbs gather under me as I dart forwards.  My cotton candy fluff flagged high in the air.  My lineage is shown by the slender physique of my body and delicate dish of my face.  If appaloosa ran thick in my veins you would never know by my form, only my markings.  The volcanic rocks below my hooves make clippity sounds as I rush over them.  Starting from a thicket within the main island, it only takes me mid-meadow to tire at such a fast pace.  The centerpiece of the land looms behind us, only the streams of molted rock remind us that it is there. 

I follow in Ketzia's wake.  She is always faster than I am and quickly takes the lead.  I follow and sometimes get distracted by trivial things.  A rare sighted flora or fluttering insect is all that it takes most days.  My lavender eyes catch sight of a leaping bug and instantly my pace slows to a exaggerated trot.  I circle round and stop within the tall grasses of the meadow.  Ears flickering to catch any clue as to where the creature went.  Lifting a single hoof, I am about to make my leave when suddenly it springs from one blade to another.  This time I see its landing.  My eyes focus on it in determination as I lower myself into the fodder.  I don't realize that my rump remaining high in the air could spoke the critter as I creep forward. 

Closer. Closer. Almost there...

My wonder stops my pursuit as I see the bug cleaning its eyeballs with one of its many prickly looking limbs. "Oh GROSS!" I exclaim, which frightens the insect into taller weeds.  My head shoots upwards, as I pivot in the direction I had been going with my sibling...  

@[Ketzia]

Messages In This Thread
    Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM