• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}

And if the stars aligned, would it be you and I?
    Ketzia
    Since their arrival, life had been filled with days that followed a nearly identical pattern. Their mother kept them on a tight routine, ensuring that their needs were met at they name that they were meant to be. They ate, slept and played in a steady rotation with very little deviance. Mama’s rules dictated their every waking moment, leaving very little room for much else. Kove hardly seemed to notice this, but, then again, she seemed to be completely oblivious to any form of negativity. The filly pranced her way through her existence, hardly noticing the affectionless way their mother tended them.

Ketzia noticed.

Although they had shared a womb, the two girls could not have been more different. Far more athletically built, Ketzia towered over her sister – her long legs quick in the way that they moved. Stuck in the shadow of Kove’s natural beauty, the lavender freckled mare paled in comparison. Stockier and sturdier she resembled their mother too much, a woman who boasted of being a fearless warrior.

That morning was much like the others. Ketzia awoke early, finding her way to their dam to nurse while the sun slowly rose to it’s place in the smoke-stained sky. The young filly knew her sister would not stil until the first kisses of sunlight were upon the baby soft down of her coat. Kove wakes just as Ketzia swallows her final mouthfuls of milk. Excited for the start of the day she chuckles and nudges her sister towards the source of their breakfast.

“The sooner you finish, the sooner we can play!” she reminded in hopes of speeding along her notoriously slow sister.

Impatiently Ketzia attempted to entertain herself, a momentous task for the naturally exploratory sister. Most days she sought to sate her curiosity by presented Mama with a never ending parade of questions. “Mother, why is our sky gray? What is that glowing thing over there? Why is it so hot? What are you eating? Is it good? Can I have some? Why not?”

The world was a confusing place. Today, however, Mother was rescued by the arrival of their Papa. He came from above, as he usually did, and Ketzia bursted with excitement. Unable to contain herself she bounded over to him and accepted his greeting with great enthusiasm.

Finally finished, Kove drew along side Ketzia to greet Papa and the two set off on their daily adventure. The girls never wandered too far, knowing that their parents would not approve. Mostly, they contented themselves by chasing the other around the ashy plains of their home. Although, today, Ketzia had other plans. Eagerly she spun around in time to find Kove gazing intently upon a bug. Easily fascinated it came as no surprised that the smaller filly would allow something to take up so much of her attention. It did not take long for the bug to jump forward and frighten her. Giggling Ketzia trotted over and offered a touch comfortingly upon her twin’s shoulder.

“Want to see something really fun?” she asked. “The other day, Papa told me about this place called the – the…Ocean! I want to find it!” It wasn’t a question. By now Kove happily accepted Ketzia’s role as the ring leader and the elder of the two knew that she would follow, even despite her hesitations.

Or would you bid me a celestial goodbye?

@[Kove] They are just the cutest in the world <3

Messages In This Thread
    Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Ketzia - 06-06-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM