• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}

The lavender pegasus is upon the winds of Tephra already to where they had wandered when he hears the shrill cry of one of his daughters. Kove. Wait!  His wings beat faster at either side of his body, his profile twisted into dread at the turmoil he is to find.  They had never traveled this far from their nook in Tephra but he knows why they have ventured in this direction...

The ocean.

He fears the worst as he nears and now hears they demanding voice of Kove.  His ears flatten as he dips from the sky and scours the shoreline for the lilac laced girl.  Silver eyes don't take long to find the tail end of her leaping into the rough waters. "Kove!" he shouts in a gruff voice but it is too late.  With his target focused upon, he too extends his front limbs to prepare for a direct hit to the ocean surface.  The waves have already washed over the twins who are secured within a tight bubble at the bottom.

His eyes search for them and what he is to do.  Surely he could not fetch them and drag them back to land.  He had no fingers to gasp or arms to carry.  With a thud he lands on the rocky edge and lavender hooves dance nervously on the ledge.  Watching and waiting helplessly...

Suddenly and without warning there is a beam of light centered and cascading upon a spot in the waters.  His eyes focus on the strange happening and in the depths he can make out the lavender hues of his daughters beneath the surface.  Deciding he must do something, he is on the verge of diving into the brackish waters when the light begins to strengthen more intensely.  As it does the bodies of his children begin to grow clearer, as if they are surfacing somehow.

And they are.

Before long the sun's rays have become a beam of white light, guiding the children through the oceans waves and back onto the surface.  Hovering them just above and then moving them towards shore.  He sees Kove looking to him and Ketzia a lifeless form beneath her sister.  Shock befalls his face as he remains frozen in place.  The spotlight on them crawls to the shores and deposits them along the silt dunes of the land.  In an instant the light dissipates and only the children remain.  He moves now, swiftly to their side as Kove crumbles to the earth beside her sister.  "Kove! Ketzia!" He shouts in fear at what has happened to his daughters.  Lowering his muzzle he can feel Koves weak breaths and nudges at Ketzia, finding none.  With a more forceful push he presses the bridge of his nose into her in an attempt to waken her.  Suddenly their is a spatter of water and gasping for air as the amethyst spotted filly rolls over the rocks.  "Ketzia!" He shouts in happiness at the breath of life back into his child.  "It's alright Ketzia, Daddys here.  You are going to be okay," He assures her.  Hoofbeats cause his ears to twist and his head to rise. "Mos! The girls! They fell into the ocean," is all the explanation he can give as he looks to them once more.  

Soon more activity is nearing and he notes his other children have followed to where Mos has lead away from the previous gathering.  Their pace quickening as they hear distressed sounds and frantic movements.  What happened, they inquire and he offers the same answer as he had given Mosrael.  His attention shifts back to the foals, noting Ketzia moving about a tad better but Kove remains still even with encouraging nuzzles to rise.  "They need rest," he states assuming that some sort of Magic was at hand.  Krom and Karat look to each other in confusion at what was going on and just who these children were...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Mosrael] I couldn't figure out a way for K to save them so Kove did lol.  I didn't want to keep going and let Mos react first Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Klaudius - 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM