• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan ||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

And just why should I return to the once-kingdom of Loess? It was never a home to me, not in the sense that some consider home. None greeted me at daybreak or sought me out among the hills. Even Ivar (the creature who’d found me and brought me there,) had forgotten me. So I left, just the same as the day I left the adoption den when I was so small and insignificant.

You still are.

Here in the Meadow I’m free to mingle; this togetherness eases the tension I have about trekking back to that place, it gives me an odd sense of comfort to talk and be heard. As such the shade of my coat begins to change with my mood, finally settling on a rosy pink color. I’m the shade of a well-placed blush, effeminate and pretty as I should be, with a pale white mane and tail. The clear, almost crystal-like wings covering my back ruffle for a moment as I listen to my companions compliment the new change, and then a boisterous laugh - robust, rich and full of life - peals from behind me.

It’s so noisy and yet so intriguing that I find myself turning to look: casting the shadow of my pale gray eyes out into the thriving mass with the intentions of finding whoever made such a sound. It comes again - breaking through the murmur - and I spot the trappings of an overlarge, mature, and rather charismatic-looking stallion.

I love his color, even from back here where I can only just discern the pattern. “Excuse me,” I impart to the horses I’d been speaking with, turning away from them with the coquettish dip of my head. I wanted a closer look at him, this unknown rake, and to see what meddle such a laugh could be made of. My legs obey, weaving me politely through the groups until at last I’m close enough to catch his attention.

“Do you have a name to match that voice?” I ask, coming to a standstill. There’s a demure grin highlighting my otherwise attractive face, and for a moment I blink my lashes; just slow enough for them to bat gently together. “I’m Rey.”

@[Leilan] Soooo I wrote this as she's just there, hanging out, and she hears him laughing -hope that's okay! If you want anything changed let me know Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan || - by Rey - 06-06-2018, 10:26 AM