• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan ||

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Isn't there always a silly horse, foal or clumsy animal that one can laugh about? His conversation had been casual to this point, someone commenting on the nice weather, another on the taste of spring and summer grass. The roan would have easily entered a joke if they hadn't been passing through just like he, instead letting his eyes scan the horizon. This season was a fun one, with babies old enough to run around and play games, with critters flooding the bushes and trees - then he laughs at a young colt who'd been too eager and stuck his nose in an ants' nest. The boy is away before he can comment however, and with another snicker he looks him after - ah, he's soon to find his mother, but she directs him to a stream without further comment, not willing to let the ant-crawled nose of her son even near herself. And right she is.

Well, that kid's lucky it's just a regular ants nest, with black ones even thought they bite also - termites and red ants, those are the worst. A similar comment as to this thought, from one of his grazing companions, is lost to him by the sound of the female voice behind him, and the other stallion seems to shrug as the multicoloured turns to find a rose-coloured mare asking for his name and giving hers. He dips his head in greeting, putting on his most charming smile (does he even have another?) before answering. "That I have, miss Rey." he teases - without giving up the more obvious answer that she clearly had been looking for. He does not fail to notice that her colour and wings are a lovely match, or the fact that her eyelashes blink together perhaps more slowly than they would have, had she thought him uninteresting. Here's the catch, though - he has never before experienced a mare deliberately seeking him out instead of the other way around (of course, there have been casual and chance meetings too) and it might just intrigue him more than he cares to admit. So anything that will keep her wondering, keep her interest, will do - in this case the lack of a name, at least, as long as he can manage.

Closing the distance separates him from the small group of others, who don't seem to mind - they weren't friends before and probably won't be after, so he wouldn't have minded had she come to ask any of them a question. She beat him to the most obvious return question, so instead, he finds another. "To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you today?" Oh, and how her name rhymes with many things. He swallows her name instead of saying it again and again, not wanting to point it out, yet. It would be highly irritating, he presumes she must have known this before. Besides, it won't do to make fun of a pretty name and a pretty lady, especially when her intentions seem clear enough but still have foggy edges - is she really that quick to approach something her eye or ear liked, or did she come from a darker place to lure him in? He can't say he would be disappointed if she was, however. She would succeed no matter her purpose, it's just that he might like to know beforehand if there's any hope for him left.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Rey] halp someone is flirting with him instead of the other way around, lol Tongue
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan || - by Rey - 06-06-2018, 10:26 AM
    RE: Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan || - by Leilan - 06-09-2018, 05:11 AM