• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Call to Arms || Solace & Kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    The wind blows differently today, with a cold sharp twist that's uncommon during the summer months. I don't mention it to Solace, but by the way our eyes repeatedly seek each other out, I know she feels it too. Something beckons us as water does electricity, we are conductors for the plot which has begun to thicken - we just don't know it yet.

Pressing my nose to her, I murmur that I must patrol the borders or else go insane for fear and tension. I hope quietly that she might join me, but it's up to her, and one way or another, I find myself travelling along the southern border, from east to west, following the setting sun though I have no hope of ever catching it. To the north there is only our friends the Leviathans, and I do not worry; the cold bite of the wind is not flowing from that direction.

He comes on large wings that beg to be recognized as descendants of Brennen's. As he alofts in a clearing not too inland, I snort, wondering what on earth is going on; Ischians are of course welcome to traverse these lands, but something tells me that this stallion isn't here for a visit. Departing from the well worn tracks that I travel on the daily, I quickly make my way towards his call, knowing that Solace too will come.

"Brother of Ischia," I say under my breath when the distance between us has closed. "What news do you bear?"
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Call to Arms || Solace & Kagerus - by Belgaer - 06-06-2018, 11:11 AM
    RE: Call to Arms || Solace & Kagerus - by Kagerus - 06-07-2018, 01:50 AM