• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Warrick

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    My blood is of Carnage.
    You are nothing except that which you make yourself.
    I am not who I thought I was.
    You are confined by your own self concept - a completely arbitrary and intangible source of self reflection that is utterly under your control.

He is defeated, deflated, deformed. Deformed in the fact that he cannot find it within himself to right this problem on his own. I can feel my heart breaking to watch it happen before my very eyes, and yet my skin is iron, impenetrable, blackened. It's not that I've had it worse - no, far from that. It's the undisguised terror of having to watch one you thought indestructible crumble like dried sand. Since the day I met him on the battlefield, my father in law has been one I could have never imagined as broken.

And yet, here he is, shattered before me in a show of raw, unfiltered vulnerability.

I bare my own teeth at him when he pulls away with an instinctual reaction. He must know that I am not here to play games. But he quickly regains his composure, hiding behind these massive emotional barricades he's erected in an attempt to shelter those he loves from the darkness within him. But the mortar of his walls never did quite set, and the bricks are one by one dislodging; a king cannot be seen as any less than stellar. A king cannot be broken.

"Your blood does not define you unless you allow it to." I think back to Kagerou, of us having met; not a day passes  that I am not happy to be defined by her legacy. But my mother - a stranger, a liar, a fake - she stopped existing to me the moment I left her womb. "The function of our parents biology does nothing other than allow for our physical existence. We are the product of those who raised us, not those who made us."

I bend my head, catch his gaze. "Carnage is prolific, he is evil, he is cruel - but you are not his legacy, nor are you to be ground into the dirt under his heel." If only I knew exactly how Warrick had been punished; how fitting my statement would be. "Look upon him as but another thread of darkness - not the source of your own. Existence provides enough of that; why shoulder more."

@[Warrick] can I get any less structured with my ideas and dialogue? I dont think so. So sorry for this mess.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Kagerus - 06-20-2018, 03:16 PM