• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Warrick

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    If I could have but a glimpse into the inner workings of Warrick's undying empathy, I would be astounded. For as stoically as he presents, even I, his daughter, must reassure myself that he is entirely here. The regal and certain countenance of Warrick will be one greatly renowned for decades to come, the roiling, oceanic nature of his eyes enough to mark a time in history forever. And I am lucky enough to know him now, in person and not just in legend; in love and family, and not just from a distance.

He gazes upon me calmly, those very eyes nearly dark as he listens, and yet glimmering with that deceiving shred of empathy which, far beneath, blossoms into an orchard of undying love.

And, as if to reassure me of his emotional presence, he reaches for me, the stubble of his chin reminding me that not every bump in the road is one I need to fear for. Closing my eyes, I lean into his touch, inhaling shakily, steadying myself for the tale to come. Unspoken gratitude floods me as he chastises and yet consoles me, the thanks colouring my eyes as I drift away, speaking in a rush.

By the end of my spiel, the crimson king is yet silent, simply absorbing my message as calmly as any who rules must. I make a not to do so myself, to be able to hold my composure as excellently he does his: but a part of me knows that that simply is not who I am. When I am pressed to, I wear my heart on my sleeve; and as he said, I ought never to be sorry for such things; for such things that make me me.

"It is your love, too, that cures what ails me, Father." I blink at him slowly, lowering my antlered head in acknowledgment of all that he has done for me. "And I will be - strong."

"For Hyaline."
    "For Solace."
    "For you."

I stay the night in Tephra, absorbing the wisdom and trauma that has been so abundantly shared. By morning I will have to return to my home and to reality: but for now, the moment is mine and mine alone, though in truth, I will always share this moment entirely with Warrick, too.

@[Warrick] A nice lil ending for us. <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Kagerus - 07-18-2018, 08:05 PM