• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Lokii
    Where there is no imagination, there is no horror
    He’s learned over the years that most of Beqanna’s individuals are weak (in one way or another, though most in multiple ways). They find something that tugs on their tender, feeble heartstrings (brings tears to their saddened eyes or fills their hearts with delicious joy or puts a rose-colored filter to shield the darkness from their lives) and they hold it close. Sometimes they lash out (snarling teeth and pinned ears and wide-angry eyes) and sometimes they quiver closer to their beloved.

There are few who do not shiver beneath the weight of his tricks.
    (the pink queen with her fascinated gaze, the gold-eyed warrioress with her own earth-woven tricks, the dragoness soaring through the sky, the tricky desert queen who built her own army of chaos-doers)
    They are the ones he likes the best.

As his shadows fade from obsidian to ivory, he believes he will like her (this leopard-spotted mare with her nutmeg eyes and firmly set mouth). A laugh drips from his mouth (tenor and echoing in their white-splashed bubble of shadows) and it is a true one, laced with amusement and high spirits rather than sarcasm and devilish plans. She’s caught him off guard (then again, the unassuming ones always do).

The trickster cranes his neck at an angle slightly, head tipping with a curious expression like what an intrigued puppy might make (it pulls a few strands of his silver forelock across one bruised eye, sliding against the bridge of his nose and brushing into his angular cheekbone). “Unfortunately, you just turned this into a challenge, honey.” Perhaps a foolish move on her part. Or perhaps she knows exactly what she’s getting herself into. “I’m a big fan of challenges, even if I don’t win.”

As if too much pressure had been pushed atop them, the dome of shadows caves in (the hazy-colored walls dissipate like visible wayward breezes, though the upper corners of their globe wash against their shoulders with a feeling that prickles at their nerves) and one corner of his mouth is tipped in one half of a smirk. The nighttime forest whispers around them again, but if she were to try and run, she would feel as though her feet were rooted to the ground like one of the ancient trees surrounding them.

“I’ve showed you some of my tricks… Care to show me yours? I’d like to see what I’m up against.”
    Lokii
    lover of chaos

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Lokii - by Kagerus - 06-08-2018, 09:47 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Lokii - by Lokii - 07-26-2018, 08:28 PM