• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; diplomatic visit

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

When she mentioned having a daughter, it seemed like she had hit a nerve. She carefully pretended not to notice, of course, and made a mental note not to mention little girls while speaking to him and perhaps it was safe to assume, not to Brennen either. He was still polite, making an excellent diplomat. She hardly counted herself excellent at what she did, having had not too much experience with diplomacy before being given her title. But she made do with what she felt was right, something that most of the time worked out very well.

So, she nodded to his decision. ”Of course. I’d be happy to wait here on the island for when he has time, or, if you know of a time that would be more convenient, I can return then. I can understand you may have much to do here in Ischia yet.” The kingdom was fairly young after all, and rumours were catching up with all of them, including the feeling that war might be imminent. Whatever he preferred she do, she would. Her visit just meant Hyaline would like to reach out and make contact with the allies they had, but, she was happy to know the man before her had no bad feelings towards her appearance. She could wait, if Brennen or Belgaer was preoccupied.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Belgaer] yes, absolutely fine!
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; diplomatic visit - by Ilma - 07-21-2018, 07:45 AM