• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the sun swallowed up by the earth || klaudius
    there was a heaven in you
    but god there's a devil in me
    Suddenly, there is a shift. It is as palpable in the thick humidity of Tephra’s atmosphere, grinding against Warrick’s skin in such a way that the Overseer’s still face begins to clench with the force of his teeth pressing together, the muscle in his jaw jumping idly. He wonders why Klaudius pretends as if their conversation is his idea, when it had been Warrick who had sought him out. The winged stallion still has yet to even assume that there was a reason for the Overseer finding him and does not hesitate to swiftly change his intentions. It did not sit well with the bay and only brooded more caution and apprehension than moments before. Warrick snorts sharply with displeasure, his lips pressing together in pensivity and restraint.

“I know that you would do anything for your family, which is honorable, but I am afraid your passion for your bloodline will eventually create a threat to my own. As you know, Klaudius, family is always first.”

The Overseer pauses, inhaling deeply as his eyes flash across the lavender of Klaudius’ face. He understands the ferocity in which Klaudius wishes to keep his family together and protect them, but he is an isolated vigilante, working against the kingdom (perhaps unknowingly - Warrick gives him the benefit of the doubt, because he is not sure what else it could be). With tensions rising in Sylva, where evil and chaos fester like bacteria on a wound, there is no time to make insensitive decisions or politics with their allies, especially with war on the nearby horizon.

It would be foolish to subject Tephra to any kind of changes at this moment in time (and Warrick prefers the way the kingdom is currently run - it makes them strong, gives them allies who make them even stronger, and creates a haven that is both safe and protected). There has always been room for children and members to grow and take up their skills to prove their loyalty and honor; he cannot help that he has seen little to no initiative taken. There is perhaps Phoebus, but the young stallion is far from Warrick’s mind as Klaudius suddenly does not want the throne himself, but apparently Kromium does.

There is confusion on the sharp angles of Warrick’s face for the briefest of moments before his brow creases into a shadow across his dark eyes.

“Klaudius.” He says the other’s name carefully and slowly, the cerulean of his eyes boring into the stallion’s own, making sure that he is listening. “I decline your offer.” Warrick pauses, lifting his head slightly to meet the rising of Klaudius’ own,  the ocean’s seabreeze filtering through them, weaving salt-laced fingers through the tangled and damp roots of their damp manes and forelocks. “If it is not a kingdom you wish to reside under, I further implore you and your family to take your leave to begin the structure of the plan you have just laid out to me. It will not be started here in Tephra beneath my rule; I encourage you to take it elsewhere in Beqanna.”

Warrick’s voice is final; there is no semblance of wavering in the steadiness of his words, or in the way that the Overseer places himself before the lavender stallion squarely. Ever patient and wise, Warrick can feel his generosity waning.

There would be no more discussion on Warrick’s part - only action, if need be.

WARRICK

@[Klaudius]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the sun swallowed up by the earth || klaudius - by Warrick - 06-21-2018, 09:23 AM