• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Where my lips sensually caress, orbs of blue light manifest and then slowly fade. I love that affect of Sol's magic; to truly see how my love effects her, how it touches her heart. And of course, the laugh that follows leaves me quite breathless as well. Wordlessly, I look to her smiling face, barely catching her rebuttal as my mind's eye becomes transfixed on her undying beauty.

Undying.

She emphasizes the end of her sultry words with a hard pull of my mane, sending sparks beneath my belly and a foxy grin to my lips. Without any hesitation, I splash into the waves with her, placing my muzzle near her flank as we wade deeper and deeper until at last we are swimming out into the western ocean, surrounded by nothing but the waves and the sky.

We come chest to chest easily, tying ourselves together in a sort of boyant raft. Although some horses might fear drowning out on the open ocean, Solace knows that I will be able to get us back to shore safely in case of an emergency. Although a new facet of my magic that I've discovered, teleporting is quite a handy trick.

"Maybe we'll find the bones of a dead animal or something," I jeer, trying to get under her skin as my lips work dutifully at the knotted muscles of her shoulders. She mentions Svedka, and I smile, semi disrupting the pattern of my massaging movement. "Well, I'm sure you'll be joining them for naptime tomorrow, as I will keep you very busy until then. Hopefully the caves don't echo too much." My chuckle sends ripples through the water around us, but before more flirting can be fit in, our movements in the water speak for themselves. It's not love making, but it's close enough - the tight embrace of her figure around mine as we bask in the glow of each other's company is as ethereal as any ardor.

Eventually though, we find ourselves moving slowly back towards shore. My legs are quite tired from our time out on the ocean, but the sight of my beautiful wife trudging on without complaint keeps me cheerful and full of lovely feelings. We shake ourselves off once safely repositioned on the beach, but of course, we do have until dawn; and so, we settle into our steady back and forth of conversation as twilight slowly descends.

Our conversation begins quite domestically, with many tangents going off about the twins. They're busy little children, and though I do what I can tell help, Solace must take the brunt of the child rearing as their biological mother. I listen with unfeigned interest, but I do not speak much myself, instead allowing her to ramble on some. At appropriate intervals I nod and make sounds of affirmation and understanding, my smile never wavering as her lyrical voice carries us across the beaches and into the night; and occasionally I do interject my own opinion, sometimes on the children, sometimes with a quip. We are easy going lovers; we are organic soul mates. Our stars are perfectly aligned; nothing is crossed about our love.

But then, her tone takes a drastic shift, and the smile drops from my face with a dreadful quickness. When at last her words fully process in my mind, everything grinds to a halt - even my movement. The gold hue of my eyes takes on a dark tint of sobriety and intensity that she will know all too well, though I'm certain she doesn't enjoy it. But this turn from light hearted to existential leaves me almost panicking, my mind grasping desperately for anything to hold on to to keep from spiraling out of control.

You know, I want you to find someone else when -

"Stop," I gasp, recoiling from her as tears prick my eyes. The rest of her words either don't fall, or I don't hear them. There's hurt in my eyes, but it's a hurt that blossoms because of the thought of the thing, not her words. Of course I'd thought of this outcome - but every time, I'd shut down the mental images before I could actually work out a solution or consider what would happen after. Because for me, there wouldn't be and after. There is only her.

"I would never do that to you Solace." And as I speak the words now, I know that they are true; but that dark voice in my mind whispers about how I'll feel a decade after her passing, and it reminds me of how flippant I have been with my love in the past. But I push its truthful words away, stubbornly clinging to my love for the mare before me; I don't need anyone else and I never will.

Her eyes leave mine, and they spill precious tears from her cheeks. As I catch their faint glimmering, the aggressive denial I feel subsides; and when she apologizes, the threat of a sob wavering her voice, all my defensiveness falls. I go to her; I don't try to look in her eyes yet, but I do hold her. Because I know her: and I will always, always know her.

"You are going to be around for so long Solace," I murmur, curling myself around her and letting her cry if she needs to. "You shouldn't even be thinking of such things right now." My grasp on her tightens, and for some time, we stay like that, wound intricately into each other, a sculpture of lovers in the throes of an existential crisis.

"I can't live without you Solace,"  somehow, I find another ounce of strength to pull her closer. "And - I won't."

Without warning, I break our connection, finally bending to find her cerulean gaze.

"I want to share my immortality with you - I want you, my love, for all the eternities this life has to offer."

@[Solace] I thought this was going to be maybe 6 paragraphs. I was wrong. Word count: 985
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag - by Kagerus - 06-26-2018, 05:16 PM