• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she got gold doorknobs / breckin
    The dying summer heralded the crisper breezes of autumn, and with it a strange quietness blanketed her little corner of Beqanna.  The lands of Nerine were relatively unchanging, though the many bodies she had come to enjoy watching from atop the cliffsides seemed to have dwindled from abundant numbers to an occasional few.  Breckin knew many of the people had relations elsewhere and the alliances between the fairer kingdoms remained solid, so it was quite likely that some Nerinians had ventured beyond the northern kingdoms terrain.  But she couldn't help but wonder if perhaps this was the calm before an approaching storm.

Atop the grey walls is where she stood now, gazing thoughtfully at the line where the sky married the sea.  A lone pale ear flickers at the sound of someone drawing nearer, and her brown gaze meets the shape of the ochre toned sovereign.  The young mare is quick to get to her reasoning for seeking the spotted woman out, and Breckin cannot help but smile warmly back.  Wishbone was brazen and fiery, something that seemed to be a prerequisite for becoming an Amazonian queen, she was beginning to realize, though she did not doubt it was for good reasoning.

"Hello Khaleesi," she says smoothly before turning her body the rest of the way to face the other mare directly.  Her smile grows a little brighter then, a slight mischief glimmers in her dark eyes, "It just so happens that I do not."  The leopard mare took pride in knowing that she was not a liar and her words were spoken with sincerity.  Not much time had passed between her arrival and quick ascension to advisor, leaving her little time to truly grasp the understanding of the leadership role she had been promoted to by Scorch.  Though that would not keep her from trying her hardest to do the best damn job she could possibly do.

"I would like to gather the diplomats in the near future however, and get an understanding of who everyone is and what their capabilities are."  Her sight drifts downwards below them then, watching a pair of wanderers momentarily, musing internally to herself.  There is little she knows of her new queen she realizes, and though she knows where the young ruler is at in the present, perhaps if she could understand her past and her future hopes, she may be able to dictate a direction for the diplomats under her guidance.

Drawing her eyes back to Wishbone, she settles her weight into a comfortable stance.  "I barely know you, and you barely know me," she says bluntly, though not unkindly.  "Perhaps we should lay a good foundation with our own relationship first, so that I may better understand you, before I try to formulate some ideas for our diplomats.  Why don't you tell me about yourself?"  Of course the mahogany maiden didn't have to, and she only need to say just that;  Breckin would never force someone to share their thoughts unwillingly even if she could.  But she lays the question out openly with ears held in earnest attention and the soft smile upon her lips warms with the lazy autumnal sun.

@[Wishbone] -waves- I don't mind figuring something out IC! Also I made sure to read about the idrilat position ^-^

Messages In This Thread
    she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Wishbone - 06-16-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Breckin - 06-18-2018, 04:38 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Breckin - 07-06-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Breckin - 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM