• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she got gold doorknobs / breckin
    “That sounds wise,” she replies momentarily after considering what Wishbone had said in regards to the diplomats receiving beginner level warrior training.  If nothing else, at least basic self defense should be a skill known to all in the current changing times.  It was a sad acknowledgement to have to make, but it was the reality of the world they were coming to live in.  Who could say for certain what another’s intentions could be, if not directly voiced to them? Unless of course, they possessed mind reading capabilities.  But nonetheless, some formal warrior training would most likely breed some self confidence, making diplomatic travels slightly more comfortable.  Heaven knows the leopard mare could use the experience as well.

Breckin’s thoughts had begun to drift, staring thoughtfully at the wave-crashed coast.  The lapse of her cognition snaps backward suddenly when the mahogany mare answers her inquiry, nearly forgetting what she’d suggested in the first place.  The smile she’d worn had fallen, but it flickers back to life to a grander degree as Wishbone’s words register.

“A thirst for adventure is a characteristic we both share.  I spent a year traveling Beqanna before I decided to settle in Nerine with Scorch’s blessing.”  A sudden sadness dissipates her smile, breaking away from her companion’s warm gaze.  “I don’t have any memory before that.”  If she tried to backtrack any further than meeting Brennen and Scorch in the field that day, her prying eyes would only be met with disappointment as soon as they came across a gaping, black void; a place she could only assume was the unreachable gateway to her past.

Meandering thoughts threaten to drag her under again, but her curiosity manages to buoy her before it was too late, returning her dark gaze to meet the Khaleesi’s, while her head tilts inquisitively, “I’m glad to hear you have no regrets. Is this where you would be at such a young age?”

Enough of the formal talk, Breckin decides suddenly, turning to square up with Wishbone while simultaneously dropping her diplomatic tone in favor of one more akin to a budding friendship.  “Just so you know, I’m here to help you any way I can. All you have to do is ask.  I mean that sincerely.”  The grin she wears widens mischievously, “Now that the boring, important stuff is out of the way, what do you like to do for fun?”  You can’t keep your sanity with all work and no play, after all.

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Wishbone - 06-16-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Breckin - 06-18-2018, 04:38 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Breckin - 07-06-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / breckin - by Breckin - 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM