• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Putting the pieces of myself back together [Belgaer]
    Belgaer

Chestnut met ebony as the two stallions stood side by side. Draped beneath the canopy of tropical trees the chill of the season touched Belgaer's thickening coat. Jesper's compliment felt misplaced among the calm of their meeting. Yes, he had been among the first to stumble upon the bronze tipped horse, but it was hardly deserving of praise. He did no more than any other brother would have. Or, at least, that was what he hoped. Gazing upon the dark stud, it was almost impossible to believe that they were of the same blood, in more ways than one. Complicated bloodlines were not an uncommon occurance - especially when spawned from one who had lived such a long life. Brennen's immortality had allowed him to bring an endless supply of children into the world, Jesper was a byproduct of one of Belgaer's many half-sisters. Similarly, Belgaer suspected that he would see him own line expand and grow alongside the ever changing tide of time. Immortality would see him remain unchanged while everything ended and began in natural sequence.

Jesper, however, had already shook hands with mortality and, somehow, he had managed to escape from its cruel grip. Having survived, Belgaer began to wonder if his nephew possessed the same gift of never ending life. That was only one of the many questions that tormented the chestnut in regards to the many secrets of Sylva.

I am well, Belgaer replied to his nephew's inquiry, almost robotically. Glad to be home, he admitted with a slight grin. And you, Jesper, I know you went through a terrible ordeal. Should you wish to talk with anyone...

Even to his own ears, the offer sounds odd and disjointed - words would never be enough to heal the wounds of all he'd been forced to endure.

The Prodigal Son

@[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Putting the pieces of myself back together [Belgaer] - by Belgaer - 06-30-2018, 07:39 AM