• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    Brennen agrees that it is good to see me here on friendly terms, his eyes going over me with a care I recognize as separate from the usual male scouring. By the time he makes eye contact with my mate, I am already turning to rejoin her; but of course, I catch that look of hesitation in her eyes as I'm walking. A soft smile alights upon my lips, and as I come along side her I brush her mane away from her jaw. I don't say anything though, knowing that we understood each other perfectly on the subject, as well as that she would be able to come to terms with our spar eventually and without excess duress.

Wishbone and Scorch come next, our closest neighbours. Wishbone offers a dip of her elegant head, which I return. Warrick comes, but fails to meet my gaze or anyone elses for that matter; concern radiates from between my ribs, the familiar sensation of anxiety rearing its ugly head. Snorting softly, I allow my eyes to travel to the mare I don't recognize, but who has clearly joined my father in law. But then others are speaking after I have said my piece, and so I turn to listen.

Then, when all is said, I raise my voice again. "I agree that to exterminate them entirely will only force them to uproot a different land in the name of chaos. Let them keep the one they have already claimed such that not an inch more of Beqanna may be sullied by their hands."

My nutmeg eyes go to Solace before continuing, having taken into account what she said in relation to myself and the others. "And yes, if you fellow leaders feel called to have an exodus of your weak, Hyaline will accept them willingly."

Brennen retakes the center of attention, going on to answer my wife's excellent questions as well as the questions of the rest of those gathered here. It's strange, for all of us to be in one place; we are all connected in one way or another, friends, family; allies. We are at the top of the Beqannian food chain, we are the elites; my chest swells minutely upon the thought.

But it deflates when the news of the princess' comes. My mother's heart rages; and any doubt I had about going to war against Sylva is eradicated.

Remaining silent for now, I listen next to Jesper, who speaks for quite some time. But the information he offers is priceless, describing residents in such great detail that none here could hope to mistake any Sylvans for law-abiding citizens from here on out. I take careful note of each name and description, begging myself not to forget any; the safety of all those gathered here depends on it, and indeed, Jesper risked his life for it.

He ends with the statement that questions are welcome, but I do not speak up. Instead, I wait for our eyes to meet, and then lower my head all the way to the ground in a show of the deepest and truest respect.

Sorry for the wait yall.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Kagerus - 06-26-2018, 01:35 AM