• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only

Solace

. . .

Despite her firm stance only moments ago, their words of war chill her - especially those of Scorch. As Jespers goes on to describe his harrowing time as a captive and each resident in detail Solace devotes her full attention to his words. She locks away each name, a few of which she recognizes, but most of the others are complete unknowns.

"Maugrim," she supplies under her breath when her father speaks of the water mage. "He can transform himself into water, along with controlling it." The name had been long ignored by her memory. Jesper's mention of the depraved stallion had brought back thoughts of a day in Tephra - when she and her twin had met the brute while playing among the tide pools. A Tephran Guardsman had stepped in to distract Maugrim from the twins and they had escaped unharmed, but the day had left Solace with a sense of his power.

She is surrounded by a centuries of experience, but her heart spurs her on to speak and she does not ignore it. They were up against chaos, but the young caretaker hoped that a little communication could help prevent more violence than necessary. 

"They need to know that their actions have consequences. But they also need to know their children will not be harmed while in our care. Though twisted as they seem I doubt they will believe us."

"Even the wild animals will lay down their lives for their young; if this our plan we should be prepared for war." Solace's somber gaze floats to her mate. These were serious actions the band of allies proposed, actions which could echo across Beqanna for decades to come. Solace knows what they propose makes sense, but the thought of taking children from their mothers sits uncomfortably in her gut.

"They will see us as the villains - the kidnappers," she adds mostly to the mare whos gaze she holds, but her voice still carries to the group. She reminds herself that these mothers were capable of torture without reason, and the horrific experiences these children would be spared if they were to leave the rotting kingdom.  

It was what needed to be done.

this is rough and short but I wan us to be able to move the timeline along Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Solace - 07-05-2018, 11:16 PM