• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she got gold doorknobs / virgo
    the first time he calls you holy, you laugh it back so hard your sides hurt.
    the second time, you moan gospel around his fingers between your teeth.

At night, sometimes, Virgo used to sneak into the Forsaken Valley long after she’d called it home, when only strangers roamed her hills. She used to hide in the forests that bordered the kingdom and curl up beneath the trees to sleep until dawn woke her. The smell of moss and fire felt like home to her, back then. Once she even found bones that might have been her mother. But it’s all gone now, so it’s time for her to carry on with the memories like a locket in her heart. Everclear had told her that life would move on whether she did or not.

She follows Wishbone as she moves forward. Her head does not bow but she does offer a half smile to each stranger. Virgo is too proud to tip her head to anyone and she doesn’t know how to strip herself of such ego. It almost makes her laugh to remember her adoptive father trying to break her of such habits. How did he juggle the responsibilities of an entire kingdom and a brat like her at his age? Would he sigh in frustration with her still, if he saw her today? (She knows he’s out there somewhere, immortal and unyielding in his old ways.)

Her ears turn to catch the queen’s words when she speaks and she can’t really relate. The oceans terrify her, to some degree. Perhaps she will learn the love the scent of salt and the crashing sound of the waves around her. “Don’t you ever wonder what’s out there, lurking beneath the ocean surface?” she asks as she looks at Wishbone now. Virgo has seen the face of magic, watched the way it ripped the land apart countless times. It makes her wonder just what sorts of monsters are out there, what wondrous things exist beyond her sight.

She maintains a certain distance between the edge of the plateau and herself. Fate had not seen fit to gift Virgo with either immortality or wings, and so she is careful to avoid certain dangers. Her bright eyes watch Wishbone dare the wind and the edge to take her but nothing rises to meet her challenge. Instead, life yields to her and sends the winds to run its fingers through their manes like a loving parent tousling its child’s hair. She swallows hard. Amazons, Leviathans, whatever name they choose, are wild and fearless all the same. Time must love them best.

But she seems to have shared a secret; it is time to do the same.

“When I was younger, I used to let myself get tangled in the vines until I thought for certain I would never escape,” she says as she looks out over the ocean. “Eerie used to pick them off me and laugh at how helpless I was.” A smile spreads over her lips then and it sounds like a lovely image. Truth be told, Eerie also wove those vines tight around her and then laughed at how weak she became. Her voice is cashmere and heat despite the chill the current brings across their faces. The darkest depths of her heart ache.
    Virgo
    you will ruin him and he will thank you; he will say please.
    @[Wishbone] -- yes, please! you can add her to the imesh

Messages In This Thread
    she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Wishbone - 06-19-2018, 10:28 AM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Virgo - 06-25-2018, 12:37 AM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Wishbone - 06-30-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Virgo - 07-03-2018, 02:37 AM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Wishbone - 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Virgo - 07-21-2018, 01:19 AM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Wishbone - 07-26-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / virgo - by Virgo - 07-30-2018, 10:29 PM