• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Down by the river in the full moonlight || Drustan, Any ||
    It was her first big swim. Adria had kissed her pappa Hod goodbye, (after watching a much more elongated, cringe-worthy one given from her mother) and then the two had been off to adventure for the day. Nyxa, her strikingly beautiful and yet attentive dam, had ensured her the weather was perfect and that it was time for Adria to really gain her sea legs but the filly suspects that really, her parents had just wanted a day alone without her.

The tri-colored buckskin knows they’ll stop at the playground, even though she hadn’t really wanted to. “I’m not a baby,” she pleaded with her mother as they both swam away from the shore, “do I really have to go?”

Yes, Nyxa had insisted, and then she’d tried to tell Adria that she might even like some time with other foals her age. There wasn’t an abundance of other younglings to play with, especially in a world of Brothers, and her parents had begun to worry that Adria was developing an undeserved attitude of self-righteousness from being around adults all the time. Kids were meant to be kids, Nyxa had insisted.

So they swim, until at last they reach the shoreline of the Playground and Nyxa gives her hard-headed daughter an encouraging shove that the young girl is too tired to protest against. Shaking the salty water from her scales and coat Adria stands hesitantly as her dam slips back into the ocean and swims away, turning only to look at the other foals already engaged in play.

She was alone, and painfully so.

---

@[Drustan] seriously don't feel obligated to match this length wise or anything, I tried to keep it short and simple! I also don't have HTML for her yet sooooooooo ... bear with me xD

Messages In This Thread
    Down by the river in the full moonlight || Drustan, Any || - by Adria - 06-19-2018, 04:22 PM