• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis ||

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Wolfbane only knows her name, can only recall the familiar pattern of her coat and how she’d stood there - broken wing at her side - while the entire world around her changed.

It seems unfair. If he were to put himself in her shoes, (and he does this with as much sincerity as he can muster) it wouldn’t be a difficult thing for him to do exactly as Despayr had done: turn tail and just freaking leave. In fact he actually did do just that once he’d come of age; spread his literal wings and flown as far away from Tephra as he could manage, and right now he seemed all the better for it. So he doesn’t begrudge one mare’s departure, only finds himself curiously seeking out the other who’d decided to stay when, really, it seemed she had nothing to stay for.

Or maybe he just didn’t fully understand.

Bane wants to try, at least. “Lepis, a moment.” He calls out to her, moving away from the paltry gathering of his coronation once it came to an end, “I hope you don’t mind me being so forward but … how did that come about?” The blue-striped male asks, tilting a knowing eye to her shattered appendage. 

Be it brief or long, he wants to know. If he was meant to guide this land into a future, it would have to start by amending old wrongdoings and proving to those who followed him that his word was as good as stone, and he doesn’t see a better opportunity for planting the first seed of trust in anyone else. Arthas had already given every ounce of his to the new heir and leader, now he just needs to see that same hopeful glint of light in Lepis’ stormy eyes.

WOLFBANE

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 06-19-2018, 09:27 PM