• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis ||
    He might not mean his words to be a threat, but that is how I interpret them. How else could? He'll be with me, making sure I do not step out of line and fail again. Only after I am frowning do I realize that he'd also implied I'd be given the chance to try again, and I am suddenly torn between emotions.

That in itself isn't unusual - it is a frequent hazard of my gift - but to have it come from an external force adds confusion to the fear and the budding hope. My response is to shut down entirely, and I am grateful for it when I hear what he has to say next.

I know how men react to my excitement, and so I bite it back from my voice, from my expression.

"If that is what you want, Your Majesty." I reply. I should look down, I know, I should be demure. But he is trying to catch my eye, and it seems that I should at least give him that. His laugh had been warm, warm like the loessian limestone on a summer's day. This is the honeymoon phase, I've come to know, when he is kind and gentle. He'll want more soon, and the patience will leave him and he will find flaws in everything I do. The cycle had been pressed into me until I cannot forget. I mustn't forget, not when my survival depends on it.

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis || - by Lepis - 06-22-2018, 08:41 PM