• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis ||

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Inevitably, the cupids bow of Longclaw’s blue-stained lips turns itself into a smile as Lepis calls for him to wait. Victory in any form feels good to him, and her acceptance certainly feels like a victory, but this particular case means Loess will remain intact and assuredly better off than it was before. Bane finds there’s little to doubt when it comes to her loyalty for their shared, hilly kingdom. The measure of her scars is more than the accumulation of her failings: it reads to him like a badge of honor.

Turning with a face newly schooled and curiously surprised, the stallion pauses in order for Lepis to catch up. “From here on out you’re my Cleric then.” He responds, head tilted towards the mingle of her navy and white forelock, “As for Beqanna, you’ll see it soon enough.” Bane hums deeply, a shadowy smirk teasing the edges of his mouth where a fang glints.

“I mean, I do intend to sell our combined powers to the highest bidder ...” The winged male laughs softly, before jerking once more into an easy-gaited walk towards the distant craigs and sea. For a moment he marvels at his strange kiddishness; what he’s said is pretty alarming. Nonetheless, Bane feels some sort of residual wave overtake him as he ambles alongside Lepis. He feels good. “They’ll probably be interested in making sure we’re worth it.”

Clarity snaps him to his senses, once again her companion turns his face towards her saying, “Those who want their gifts put to auction, of course.” And then he can’t help but laugh. Loess stretches before them, untamed but bearing the tell-tale signs of passage from animals long gone and Wolfbane doesn’t mind, for once, that he’s not flying. The earth around them smells of creosote and pine, while his barred skin grows damp where the humidity settles. “Something you might be interested in?’ He asks in a neutral tone.

WOLFBANE

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 06-26-2018, 03:53 PM